cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

getting older or smarter

sele
Explorer
Explorer
we were heading out this afternoon but with all the wind and storms we have decided to go really early in the am according tothe dw. I just don't like pulling the f'ver in 25 mph head wind and cross winds. Our first trip this spring we had to evacuate the campground because of flooding issues,granted we found another and got credit for the 2 nights we didn't stay. Seems like at least once a year we have some type of major weather issue. we sat out a bad storm in williamsville only 40 miles from home a couple of years ago.Oh well we are going out to eat then leavin in the morning.
scott
18 REPLIES 18

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Makes sense to me. These storms have been rough. Hope all is clear in the am for you. Have a great trip!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Well the beauty of living in Southern California you don't have to leave early to beat storms...just beat the traffic.

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Right now we have scattered severe storms in eastern IA and northwestern IL 80+ mph winds..duck and cover if your here!
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I've left the night before planned departure on more than a couple of ocassions because of storm reports. I have to drive over the Sierra-Nevada mountains shortly after I leave my driveway. Sometimes just getting a little jump on the storm can make the difference between go - no go for us.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk