cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good way to listen to a little music.

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for ideas on how to play some music with either wireless or wired speakers for inside & outside of motorhome? I don't need something that will blow the neighbors away....nice simple and no drilling holes into the rig. Probably hooked up to my phone.
I would like to hear what you guys have come up with. Thanks.
Edit....waterproof and ability to be paired so I can leave one in the rig and bring the other outside...
14 REPLIES 14

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
Edit....waterproof and ability to be paired so I can leave one in the rig and bring the other outside...
Would be nice.

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
Would be nice.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer

I use one of these JVC boom boxes. Runs on AC/Battery/12V. I have it hooked up to 12V in a cabinet above the table. Just flip open the cabinet to play it. Can use it outside also if I want. It is AM/FM/CD/MP3/Ipad dock/Aux In/USB/Guitar In. Has a good remote control also not one of those credit card sized remotes. The sound quality is great on it. I keep a 180 GB IPod in it I was given but I mostly just play MP/3 tunes off a 32 GB thumb drive I made specifically for the camper. I can also pop in a CD if someone else has one they want to hear or plug in their IPod, laptop, tablet, or whatever.

Camper has a outside in dash stereo built in but we seldom use it when camping. I will use it parked at the house sometimes if I'm working around it but that's about all. Having the JVC we only use the cab's in-dash when we are driving.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
Keep em comimg!...i'd rather not do the headphones, the rig spends 90% of the time in the back yard and it would be nice to hear some tunes while out there fiddling with the rig or just hanging out.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I generally listen to books on cd while traveling, but forgot to get one on a recent trip. We started to listen to one on her tablet, but road noise made it difficult to hear. Stopped at Wally's and got one of these. It worked on Bluetooth, sound was great, and it sat on the dashboard all the way home.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Smart phone with Blue tooth.. You can get battery operated blue tooth speakers for 10-20 dollars that are good enough to fill a room.. (reaonable size) outside they won't do much damage.. Mine run on USB power or internal battery, I paid 10 bucks but the batteies inside were dead.. Takes a standard cordless phone pack.

They won't blow away folks 10 sites away like some RVers I know of.

That said, Outside, consider headphones. Again Blue tooth works, or wireless, Limited range though.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MFinCA
Explorer
Explorer
I subscribe to XM radio and have the application on my phone. My wife just bought me a Bee-Bop Bluetooth speaker with a rechargeable battery for less than $15.

I am listening to the SF Giants play the Mets right now and it is pretty sweet. We listened to some music channels on it and the sound is very good.

The neat thing is if the phone rings, the radio goes away and I can answer it hands-free from the speaker.

Very satisfied with this setup.
MFinCA
2004 Homestead Settler 255RS
2004 Ford F-350, SRW, 6.0L Diesel

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Skip the outside speakers unless you are in the country by yourself. Bose makes a really nice CD player.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
rich85704 wrote:
Big Jambox Bluetooth or wire. Works great.

If this is what you were referring to ... x2

Jawbone Jambox
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Some decent Bluetooth headphones would be great.

X2 on headphones
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some decent Bluetooth headphones would be great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Oontz Angle Bluetooth speakers. $40 at Amazon.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
My portable XM and a set of cheap computer speakers or my wife's MP3 player with the same speakers.

rich85704
Explorer
Explorer
Big Jambox Bluetooth or wire. Works great.
1999 Coachmen Santara Class C -- 24-foot
Ford V10