cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grills?

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Weber Q 100 and have loved it. It seems to be on its' last leg. I was looking at Sam's Club and they have a stainless steel Aussie Grill for $80. It gets great reviews. My question is has anyone compared it to the weber? It says it has 12000 BTU's. I like the price, but not if it is a poor substitute.
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
302 w/tow & anti-sway package
Backup camera & brake controller
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch
17 REPLIES 17

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My question too - what did you do to your Weber? Have you called them about the problem, their customer service is really nice.

If the burner isn't firing right, read your manual, it explains how to easily clean it. If the burner is somehow rusted out, a new one can be ordered.

If the inside is all gunky because of poor maintenance, remove the burner and ignitor, and pressure wash the rest, or just scrub it up with a lot of Dawn dish soap.

The rest of it is aluminum and cast iron, impossible to wear out and hard to break.

IMHO avoid "stainless steel" grills under $1000 ... the stainless steel sheet metal body is a distraction from the rest of its' sub-standard parts.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart is making these available for all their overnight RVer's.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
forthefunofit94 wrote:
I have a Weber Q 100 and have loved it. It seems to be on its' last leg.

Can't help you with the Aussie Grill but since many of us regard our Q as a "family heirloom" I have to ask - how could yours possibly be "on it's last leg"? ... you run over it with a truck? :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380