cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gutter Extensions

gypsmjim
Explorer
Explorer
I came across an ad for a pair of Camco's and after a search found others out there as well.

Anybody ever tried them and which is best? Or are they a waste of money?
2015 Jayco Flight SLX 195RB
Permanently set up on a beautiful mountaintop retreat in Southwest NYS
22 REPLIES 22

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We installed JR Products black gutter extensions on our TT and they work great. It was so annoying when we opened a pass-through compartment door when it was raining and water got into the compartment. We only installed them on the front.

The downside is that when you put a cover on for the winter, you need to make sure to use something bigger over the extension so it won't damage the cover.

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Close pins on our 5th wheel for 11 years. They work great and they are cheap to replace.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We were going to get them too, but on this forum, some suggested clothes pins. They work! We used them all summer and it really keeps the water from dripping down the side. No more black streaks.

Try them first before you invest in store bought.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
If you really want to get the water away from the RV fasten a fishing line to a clothes pin that is clipped onto the gutter and move it away from the RV by fastening the other end to a can or rock on the ground. The water will run down the line.
Why not just buy a giant umbrella and stand on the roof so no water gets on the rv at all.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to get the water away from the RV fasten a fishing line to a clothes pin that is clipped onto the gutter and move it away from the RV by fastening the other end to a can or rock on the ground. The water will run down the line.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
Stop in the big orange building store and go to the lighting isle. Look at the wire moldings. Grab 4 flat 90 deg. corners. Silicone to ends of gutter. Add wooden clothespins for super duty water diversion! ๐Ÿ™‚
Been using these for many years. Cheap, Works great, and they've never come off.
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can direct the falling water even farther away from the side of the trailer by clipping a wooden clothespin to the spout of the extension. Water will flow out along the bottom of the pin and then fall.

We have lost two (clothespins) in about six years and no extensions.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new set at Wal-Mart. Had to spray paint them black to match the TT.

Would be nice if they made them in black.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think they are about the best bang for the buck of any RV purchase. Have no clue what brand ours are, probably Camco.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
After staying up at night with the drip drip drip drip, like torture, I bought them and never looked back. My new to me TT has longer ones so the drip doesn't hit the storage compartments rain cap.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
This google photo showing the water run-off really out there away from the side of the trailer shows how well they work.

I have been using the CAMCO rain gutter extensions since 2008. Got mine from AMAZON... I too sealed my gutter add-ons with RTV Sealant. I think I have only lost one being drug off by a low hanging limb...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
mine came with them on

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think mine are Camcos? I used to use the clothes pins on my old lower trailer. on my current trailer the extensions are always in place and I don`t need to find a way to get up and down at 4 corners to install them!

The extensions are the best way to go. cost me around $15 IIRC
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
I forget which ones I have on, but to keep them from flopping around, I put a dab of silicone under them. They can still be removed easily if they get caught on anything but the wind won't blow them off.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH