cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

BoatCop
Explorer
Explorer
Well. I just spent 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. Although I have to say I gleaned some excellent tips.

Don't know why I thought of this, but I can see me doing it.

Hang an extra key for your towed vehicle in one of the cabinets in the coach. That way you'll be able to get in if you lock the keys in it, or you need the vehicle while your spouse is off somewhere with the keys in his/her pocket/purse.

Keep 'em coming, folks.
Alan
BoatCop
1999 Southwind 34L
2013 Chevy Tahoe
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ (TOAD)
Sampson (The Bloodhound)
Delilah (The Basset)

pete42
Explorer
Explorer
When I return to some state parks after dark they have a gate with a combination lock.
Most are not lit well enought to see the dials.
I flip open my cell phone and the light from the phone is enought.

Jim_Scoggins
Explorer
Explorer
from walmart. four bucks

Regards,
Jim Scoggins
1995 Prevost Liberty

whanner
Explorer
Explorer
happy thanks giving all
http://www.dfw-sites.com
06' Ford F-350 Power Stroke 6.0L
07' Forest River Sierra 375 QBQ
Wife and 2 Kids

kokopoko
Explorer
Explorer
The camper we had before our present one had the switch for the landing gear exposed. To keep anyone from playing with it while we were gone,especially while the back stabalizers were down, I put a heavy duty toggle switch on one of the motor leads. I could lock the front compartment. Problem solved...Great thread.. Jack
Ford f350 psd lariat dually 4x4 Grand Junction 34QRE

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Thanksgiving and hope you have lot's more camping!

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Thanksgiving to all in the Gizmos and Gadget Thread!!!!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

DB_Engineer
Explorer
Explorer
Snagged a step aerobics platform set that a neighbor was giving away. Includes the basic platform and two "boosters", giving heights of about 3, 4 1/2 and 6 inches. Used these on our last trip as an additional step with pretty good success. We found that they shifted some on the graveled site, and I'm working on designing a way to reduce this.
Jan (me) :C
Polly (DW) ๐Ÿ˜„
FW: 2009 Montana 3465SA 10th Anniversary Edition
TV: 2005 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW, 6.6L Duramax/Allison

rdnkjeeper
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if it was posted, but I am getting ready to install PVC tubes to the top of my storage compartment. One to stores my hot dog sticks, one for the pie irons and one for the tools for the rv. I am sure I will think of more uses. Once the tools are loaded I hold them in place with small bungees. Two small screws close to the end is what I plan on hooking the bungees too.

Oh and subscribed!

Zig
Explorer
Explorer
We installed a Towel rack pole. I had to cut it shorter to make it fit, but it works perfect for us to keep our shower towels hung up out of the way. Spring loaded pole.
Link: Bath Towel Rack Pole
Better to Zig then Zag!
Go To "MY PICTURES"
My other Pictures and add a Comment!

lovemountains
Explorer
Explorer
You have some great hints! We wanted something to put wallets and other small stuff in on "our "bedside tables." I found some bread baskets at K-Mart that were just perfect. They are oval shaped and have a cloth lining. I hot glued some non-slip stuff to the bottoms so they don't slide around during travel.

HaywardBound
Explorer
Explorer

This is a tool that is very handy. Use it to test your batteries, charging system, or just as a 12 volt multimeter. It has a load test option so you can check if your battery will hold a charge. Usually about $20-$25.

Here is a description:

Tests both 6 and 12 volt batteries and charging system outputs.

* Battery capacity: 6V, 12V
* Accurate color coded voltmeter
* Heavy duty battery clips

Amp setting: 50 amps, Cold cranking amp range: 300 to 500, Lead length (with clamps): 19-1/2'' (x2), Overall dimensions: 3-3/16" L x 6-7/8" W X 11-1/2" H, Weight: 2.50 lbs.

Here is the link.

(Edited to correct link, and cost. The picture is close to the one pictured).

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
Again, glad to share my little tid bit of knowledge.

There are many here that are very helpful and anything that I can bring to the table only adds to the wealth of information.

For all the dog owners out there...add one of these plastic bag holders near your exit door and you'll never forget a bag when you take the dog out again.
Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C

pete42
Explorer
Explorer
Loopy
plastic bag over spare tire you say.
keeps tire from bleeding through you say.
Just where were you 10 years ago when my nice new cover
looked like someone used it for TP.
Great Idea Thanks I'll use it on my new TT

whanner
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.dfw-sites.com
06' Ford F-350 Power Stroke 6.0L
07' Forest River Sierra 375 QBQ
Wife and 2 Kids