cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

PilotEd
Explorer
Explorer
Time to bump.
Ed & Ev
1999 F250SD PSD 4X4 Lariat Ext Cab S/D Attitude w/juice
2016 Montana HC 305RL
Pullrite 16k SuperGlide

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
HICCUP! Excuse me!

goin2themountai
Explorer
Explorer
I like that clock idea, Crazyoldcoot, but have added a velcro tab to my hanging clock, and hasn't fallen yet. No cabinet door where mine hangs.
Puller: '08 HD3500 4x4 dually,CC Duramax/Allison.
Pullee: 2008 Montana 3605RL 10th Anniversary Package, Reese 16k w/ slider (holdover from old shortbed)

campandride
Explorer
Explorer
Once I left some orange scones in the cabinet...and yes, the ants marched in one by one.... After I cleaned them all up, I wiped some Avon skin so soft (oil verison) on the cabinets and toward the trail where they came in. I now keep a bottle of skin so soft in the bathroom sink when I'm not using my motorhome- and put dryer sheets on the floor. I'm parked outside, with tires up against dirt/bushes- and I've never had a problem since-- (I also know not to leave any "sweets" or perishables in there!

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
I like pics too. It helps me understand some mods better. Especially if they are pretty involved, or something I am going to have to convince the DH to do ;0)

hapiour
Explorer
Explorer
I have read almost all of the pages and so far I have a list a mile long of items that I need to purchase!! I especially like seeing the pictures!! I will post pictures once I get everything done to mine!!
Just the 2 of us!
Looking for something new ??
2014 Keystone Outback Terrain 273TRL (sold)
2013 Nissan Armada SL
2006 Jayco Jayfeather 29Y (Traded but loved for 7 years!)
2004 Ford Expedition XL (Traded but loved for 8 years!)
Ready to hit the road!!

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
Be my guest Mike! Won't mention where I got the movement but it was less than $6.00.
BTW It's 5 oclock somewhere!

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
crazyoldcoot wrote:
Thank you all for some cool ideas.I have posted this in other places but wanted to share an idea I had that only takes about 15 minutes to do. Everytime we got to the campsite our clock was on the floor! Soooooooo I picked up a clock movement and made a clock out of the cabinet door!Just open the door to change battery.

oldcoot I love that clock might steal your idea.
Mike
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
2007 Montana 3500rl

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever I buy stuff at Lowe's I grab a handful of their small bags on the way out, perfect dog "poop" size..
2018 Jayco Precept 29V Class A
Air Force 1969 - 1973

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
Brilliant but could get expensive if you don't have used baggies.

Just use plastic grocery bags and mount a bag holder near the door.

Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
Choice spot wrote:
I have read all 67 pages this afternoon and tonight. Great ideas. Made me a list a mile long.

One thing I didn't see mentioned was saving used zip lock bags for dog poopy. I use snack and sandwich bags (have Chi). Just turn inside out on hand, pick up and Ziploc shut. Keep them in a small basket beside door outside to grab.

Brilliant!

Choice_spot
Explorer
Explorer
I have read all 67 pages this afternoon and tonight. Great ideas. Made me a list a mile long.

One thing I didn't see mentioned was saving used zip lock bags for dog poopy. I use snack and sandwich bags (have Chi). Just turn inside out on hand, pick up and Ziploc shut. Keep them in a small basket beside door outside to grab.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Crazyoldcoot that is an awesome idea! One of those that make you say,"Why didn't I think of that!"

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for some cool ideas.I have posted this in other places but wanted to share an idea I had that only takes about 15 minutes to do. Everytime we got to the campsite our clock was on the floor! Soooooooo I picked up a clock movement and made a clock out of the cabinet door!Just open the door to change battery.

dalilu97
Explorer
Explorer
welsteach, I have not bought it but made some search in the web and feedback was good. It says it is adjustable, though your concerns are very valid. Maybe hooking it to the ground would help? Anyways hot items are always a concern with kids!
Dalilu
1985 23'Searay cuddy cabin
1989 24.5 Jayco TT
1954 DH
๐Ÿ˜‰