cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
I use solar lights at the corners of our TT. I also take an extra one (with no post) to lay upside down on the ground under the bottom step so that we can always see the steps when we come in after dark. In the morning, I just put it by the other lights to recharge in the sunlight.

I hang a solar light off the fifth wheel box, but I like the idea of putting it under the steps. Now thats thinking!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
ralexis wrote:
Hey rocknrollpro

Did y'all really get 18 drops of rain or are you just bragging.

Tonopah got two!

(bump)

Ok I exaggerated a bit, but I got a good smear on the windshield once I jumped to turn the wipers on!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
I use solar lights at the corners of our TT. I also take an extra one (with no post) to lay upside down on the ground under the bottom step so that we can always see the steps when we come in after dark. In the morning, I just put it by the other lights to recharge in the sunlight.
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

ralexis
Explorer
Explorer
Hey rocknrollpro

Did y'all really get 18 drops of rain or are you just bragging.

Tonopah got two!

(bump)
LSU Tiger Fan
Retired U.S. Air Force
Pretty good Cajun Cook
Fair Skeet Shooter
Over-the-Hill Skiier
NASCAR Bum
One Lovely Wife
Two Ugly Sons
Six Beautiful Grandkids
One Lucky Dog

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
savitbound wrote:
I took a noodle cut it in half ,slit it long ways and slid them over my wiper blades slit side up,keep them clean and insulated from heat and wont stick to glass

Sal Avitabile

Great idea! Here in AZ since we get about 18 drops of rain a year I keep an older pair of wiper blades on through out the year and then when we get our monsoons, I take out the fresh pair under the seat and put them on. I used to go through two pairs a year, now I only go through one!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

5talents
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great topic! Just what I was looking for.

savitbound
Explorer
Explorer
I took a noodle cut it in half ,slit it long ways and slid them over my wiper blades slit side up,keep them clean and insulated from heat and wont stick to glass

Sal Avitabile
Sal and Diane
2005 chev34f Bounder
8.1 and Allison s speed
Saturn Vue toad

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
G&LWebb wrote:
Gottahaveit wrote:
In order to reduce injury if one should run into a open slide or even the 5th wheel hitch in front we cut a "Noodle" not sure what else its called but it is actually a water float thing with a hole in the center. Simply slip it over all sharp edges. Most come in really bright colors and are hard to miss. (kinda like pipe insulation)

We used a noodle to insulate our fresh water hose when we camped in Arizona in June. Without the noode insulation, our cold water was warm. With the noodle as insulation it stayed nice and cool. A bonus was that our hose stayed nice and clean too.:D

I love this idea and I live out here. But now I'll have to turn my water heater on!! LOL
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

Dshultz50
Explorer
Explorer
KLO wrote:
My new mission in life, to bump this up!
Every person should have a purpose!!!!!! I'm glad you're doing this...I like the hints, too!
I am so clever that sometimes I donโ€™t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dee & Bob
1990 Fleetwood 5er
2 cats - Donner and Dasher
12 grandkids

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
GizsmosMom wrote:
I just received a catalog from a stationery company called Current. Found some RV "stuff"

I've been ordering from Current for over 35 years. Good quality stuff. I've ordered a couple of the RV items. Very cute!
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
We're falling down on the page again - so BUMP!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

G_LWebb
Explorer
Explorer
Gottahaveit wrote:
In order to reduce injury if one should run into a open slide or even the 5th wheel hitch in front we cut a "Noodle" not sure what else its called but it is actually a water float thing with a hole in the center. Simply slip it over all sharp edges. Most come in really bright colors and are hard to miss. (kinda like pipe insulation)

We used a noodle to insulate our fresh water hose when we camped in Arizona in June. Without the noode insulation, our cold water was warm. With the noodle as insulation it stayed nice and cool. A bonus was that our hose stayed nice and clean too.:D
George II and Lynne Webb
sons George III & Kenneth
cats Dufus (who loves to travel with us)& Monkee (who'd rather stay on the couch)
Beagle Rufus (a rescue who is keeping us young)
2007 FR Flagstaff Classic Super lite 831 FKSS
F350 diesel turbo dually

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I just received a catalog from a stationery company called Current. Found some RV "stuff"

Calendar called Vintage Travels with photos of RV's

Pillow that says What happens on the road stays on the road with a picture of a travel trailer

A bank that says Trailer Cash

A pillow that says Home is Where you park it

And winter wrapping paper called Vintage RV Classic
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
take clothes pins and put them on your rain gutter spouts. it keeps away the black streaks. mine stay on during transit--usually.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
If the yellow jackets won't leave you alone, try this.

In a large bowl or toss away container, add some dish washing soap to some warm water. Then add a big ole tablespoon of bacon grease. Place the container of soapy water & bacon grease at the edge of your campsite, away from kids and pets. I set mine on a TV tray so the dogs can't reach it.

The grease will float on top of the water, attract the yellow jackets, they land in the water and drown. Change daily.

If the mosquitoes won't leave you alone while you are sitting outside. Place a fan down wind from you. It'll keep you cool and keep the mosquitoes at bay, as they don't like to fly if it's windy.

If fleas and other biting bugs won't leave you alone, take vitamin B1 daily. B1 puts off an odor in your skin that biting bugs don't like. You must take B1 daily, it takes several days for it to be effective.

Happy camping!
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"