cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Here is something handy. Stole a couple of these from our boat. Great for fragile things that don't pack well like bags of chip.

As if I'm not bumping my head enough in the trailer!

Veebyes brings out another source for RV accessories: Boating & marine sources. Could be there's no better source for accessories & gear going into tight spaces. Boaters have been doing it for tens of centuries.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is something handy. Stole a couple of these from our boat. Great for fragile things that don't pack well like bags of chip.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Why didn't I think of this before - what an eye opener.

In your favorite search engine, search for "Hacks" for RV, camping, or whatever your interest is.

There are literally tons of plain old website pages and youtube videos loaded with all kinds of tips and hints.

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
We mostly dry camp, so these have been helpful:

Electric tongue jack
2 6v, batteries
LED interior lights
Solar panel l65 w.
Olympia Wave 3 heater
300w. pure sign inverter
These have really helped with our electric usage (except for the jack).

92GreenYJ
Explorer
Explorer
dalenoel wrote:
Wire shelving in the closets give slots instead of a tall opening.

Yep. I just did this myself in the truck camper. Previous owners hung some cloth thing in there and the screws ripped out last trip. So I went the wire shelf route.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wire shelving in the closets give slots instead of a tall opening.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

suerover
Explorer
Explorer
We installed an Ikea wire drawer system in the bottom of our closet.
www.ourtravelswithrover.com
2002 24 RB Born Free/1999 23 RK Born Free

Stylish_sunny
Explorer
Explorer
Cherokee TT 2016 32ft DB It our 4th year starting with our first trip about 5 hours away. we typically do a very close to home for the first of the year. we've figured most things out now we are going to do some additions.
We are doing a bedroom TV mount and have been studying youtube videos.

2.Did any of you reinforce chalking such as tubs, floors or where else?

3.What type of updated splash wall in kitchen and bath is best to use without bubbling or falling off of these thin weird walls

4. Please tell me there is something to do with those closets in the master. I would much rather have a dresser

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Print all the registration info along with photo copies of Good Sam card , FMCA card, KOA card, and all other discount or membership card. laminate it and just take it in when you register and they can copy the info.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

LI-Camper
Explorer
Explorer
You can use your phone to take a photo of your driverโ€™s license and your passport .
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
Sold 2004 Jayco 27DS MH
Wherever you go, there you are!!

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
3ares wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
We were always having to run back to RV when checking into a RV park to get Lic. number. Presto, went to Wal-Mart and used the dog tag machine and made tags with lic# of RV, and car. Hang it on key ring so always have it.
What happens if you lose your keys!

I have that info in the notes on my phone.

Marvelous tool that cell phone! I use the notes too, put all the relevant vehicle info in there including VIN in case stolen.
Also keep the prescription info in there and set notifications for refills.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
3ares wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

We were always having to run back to RV when checking into a RV park to get Lic. number. Presto, went to Wal-Mart and used the dog tag machine and made tags with lic# of RV, and car. Hang it on key ring so always have it.

Same here. On my phone are favorited photos (for easy retrieval) of my license plates.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
3ares wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

2016 F250 Super Duty 4x2 Crew Cab XLT
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission
3.31 Electronic Locking Axle
Pullrite 16K Super Glide Hitch
2012 Sundance 275 RE XLT Fithwheel

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
I decided the cabinets jack I made would work so it is just smaller. I give them away each winter and have 4 made for give aways. I gave one to a TT couple with 2 entrys. No thanks you but we have 2 sets of steps. Home for Christmas and made another for him. No thank you again. O-well chevman

Yeah, leave it to a TT driver. Any 5er would've not only thanked you profusely, would also invite you to share of his 18 year old.
Scotch that is!