cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading to the Gulf Coast-fuel considerations

soje
Explorer
Explorer
Will be heading south across I-10 and concerned about the fuel situation with all the water/storms in the Gulf states
Any advice from those who live in that area?.
Hate to get a load of bad fuel. Am I just being overly cautious?
I always enjoy that southern trip on I 10(except for Houston).
Thanks in advance-Joe
7 REPLIES 7

soje
Explorer
Explorer
Heading for Charlotte to visit wife`s cousin on Monday.
I do hope the storms go easy on us.
Been really DRY here in Oregon-a little rain will be enjoyable. Really tired of the smoke from all the fires here in the western half of the state.

Rgtopda
Explorer
Explorer
We did not have any issues from the storm. I live in Gulf Breeze fl. Just off I10 and Pensacola. Where are you headed.
RGTOPDA
(Jimmy Buffett Fan)
2003 Newmar Dutch star
36 ft. Gulf Breeze Fl.

soje
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your sound advise
Much appreciated-Joe

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
And crossing the I-10 Miss. River bridge at Baton Rouge eastbound DO NOT STAY IN THE LEFT LANE! That lane becomes an exit only to I-110 northbound. There will be another right lane that merges on the bridge so just stay in the right lane. And like said try to hit the bridge before 2pm.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Fuel is seldom a problem along the I-10 corridor unless there is a major storm that interrupts supply. Be aware there are two construction zones between Lafayette and the basin bridge and east bound backups at the Mississippi River bridge at Baton Rouge are common. Best if you hit that early morning on weekends.

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the rain is East of Mobile, AL. It's been raining for 2 days in the panhandle area of Florida and I think 8-9 inches of rain has fallen so far. Have not heard of any closures in the area. so I don't think fuel will be a problem. Have a safe trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
This latest storm is likely going to be a non-event, unless it stalls. This is a minimal cat-1 hurricane at most. This may close down I-10 for a few hours in southern Mississippi, and their may be limited power outages in the immediate area. As long as you make sure you don't need to buy fuel in that 90-100 mile section of I-10 across southern Mississippi and Alabama you should be fine. Even this is just a precaution.