cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got a reservation at Champoeg state park here in Oregon. Two loops in this park. B loop open year round. A loop closed 10/31 to march. I am told drainage field for dump station & sewer is in need of repairs so NO dump at that facility. I see 3 rigs camping in closed A loop including one camp host. I see several rigs hooked up to sewer right next to signs saying not to. I am told by camp host it is a lack of funding of new dump drain field that caused dump station closure. In part due to toilot chemicals killing off the old enzymes. The reserve america site shows A loop as closed. The stats show A loop could be generating weekend revenue if it were not closed. What am I missing here? I ended up beinging two tanks of gray/black water home to dump somewhere today. Place state referred me to was backed up big time.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
22 REPLIES 22

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You did the right thing by not using the dump stations. You can't rational what other people do, only yourself. You did the right thing! That's all that really matters.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oasisbob wrote:
What am I missing here/
Find a different campground with the facilities you need.
Otherwise you need to accept the limitations.

That is why RVs have wheels. ๐Ÿ˜‰

MrWizard
If they are camp hosts, yes they are going to have hookups

Sewer is closed for loop B, just in case they get a bunch of campers one weekend don't want to chance an overload

Its normal beauacrcy at work
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys. First the reason for ALL CAPS is so I can more easily find my post as I am legally blind. Secone, I have written OSP and only got automated response. Someone said OSP is a not for profit. I agree. However, they are telling me no money to rebuild drain fields. They are turning away money by not officially opening A loop. Only open to some. How does that work? No one adressed the folks hooking up to sewer. Appears they are playing favorites. What am I missing here/
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Problem is that many public campgrounds, even popular ones, operate at a loss. Closing them saves money.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call, email and write to Oregon State Parks. It does no good to tell us.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
A loop is the original loop and deep in trees. High winds could bring down all sorts of unwanted stuff. Close it in the winter to prevent RV damage. B loop is in the open, thus little chance of tree damage. There is a limited number of host sites, so if the park has some over winter hosts they put them where there is an open host site.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I love state parks but have to remember they aren't profit motivated so if they miss out on a few bucks, no big deal?
Jayco-noslide