cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hershey, Pa show a good place to sell my RV?

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
It would be a drive for us but we have never been there and are willing to do it if it seems a reasonable opportunity to sell our RV,,as well as perhaps find our next RV:) for those of you who have been to the Hershey show do you think it is a reasonable idea or long shot? Do you have any specific suggestions as to how would be best to go about it? Are there particular campgrounds with high visibility or traffic for instance.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
20 REPLIES 20

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
Your in Texas why not consign it to PPL, might find your next RV there.
I did go sit down with PPL several months ago. As I recall the price they wanted me to agree to was quite low, lower than a typical trade-in price. I have also talked to Camping Worls about their consignments, better than PPL I think but with a little luck one might be ahead finding a private buyer.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Your in Texas why not consign it to PPL, might find your next RV there.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
Previous posters have good advice. If you are just wanting to sell it there are better ways. If you are wanting a new RV then I think your best bet is to trade it in on a new unit from the show. We traded ours in last year there and got a great deal.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I would not drive to Hershey in an attempt to sell your RV. I think everyone is there to see the new units and accessories available.

I live,about an hour away and would not try to sell my RV at the Hershey show.
If you decide to try it, I think your best bet is park it along one of the roads going into Hershey. That would give you the most exposure, more than in a parking lot.
I think it's a bad idea but, Good luck if you try.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Hershey is a very large show with an extremely large parking lot. There are some RV's in the parking lot with a for sale sign on them, but I don't know if they are welcome or if they have any success. You can overnight in the parking lot and have some exposure for selling.

The show itself is so large that you would want to narrow down the units that are of interest to you before going. Prices at the show may be higher or lower than available locally, so do your homework on that as well.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I would not drive it all the way from Texas to PA in hopes of selling it. If you do, while visiting the show drive right to the RV parking area at the Hershey Show and put a "For Sale" sign on it as I have seen others do every year. But I have no idea on how they make out.

Granted, there is a lot to see at the show, however it is a long way to come unless you have other places in mind to visit along the way.