cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hope you are ready for Winter

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well winter is coming early to most of us this coming week!!! It even looks like even I will need to drain and blow the water lines before our planed weekend on the Coast next weekend. Dropping just far enough below freezing to make me worry.

Now for you in the Midwest, sounds like the deep freeze is on it's way this week, and the cold will reach all the way to the Gulf Coast!

Take care, stay warm and safe!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
20 REPLIES 20

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to rain on this parade......we had low 90's all last week. It should be in the 80's this week. It finally dropped down to about 65 late last night.

Without ever looking at the date of a post, you can tell what season is approaching on these forums. You start seeing the winterizing questions (winter). Then you see the battery replacement questions (spring) and then you see the air conditioning questions (summer).
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rav
Explorer
Explorer
just about- all that is left is the oil change, I will do that after lunch today and then some snow fence around the pond in the backyard. then just wait for it. LOL

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got up at 5 o'clock this morning and it was snowing pretty hard. It is way to early, and you are right it looks like a cold week in the mid west.:(

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

It is not that close to freezing in Portland to make me want to winterize just yet. You could just blow out the lines if you are worried about it. It is not worth it to have all that pink stuff in the lines, it will make taking a shower next weekend feel kinda sticky with all the residue. Or just turn on the furnace and set it around 55F. It will keep the pipes warm enough to keep them from freezing. 29F overnight is not going to make the water lines freeze solid. The camper will stay warm enough to prevent that.

Yes I did turn on the heat tape for our water tower at work (Lake Oswego). But I don't think it will be at 30 for a while, so it is still OK. Looking at the forecast on Tuesday, and it calls for 29F overnight, but still things will not freeze solid that quickly, so we should be OK then too.

I spent the winter of 2007/8 in my motorhome at Fairview RV park. I don't recall it getting colder than 26 all winter (perhaps overnight temps where a little cooler) and I used water all winter. Though I filled the tanks on warmer days and dumped once every week or so, then put away the hoses before they could freeze.

Have fun at the coast!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Actually we're looking pretty good next week . . .

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm good until mid JAN I suspect with my wood pile... Gets harder and harder each year to keep building it up... Wood is free but lots of work...

The fire place is the only heat we have here in Northern Neck VA supplemented by a couple of oil-filled electric heaters I pull from the trailers when parked...

We can keep the house in the 72-74 range during the winter nights and the daily power bill is usually around $8-$10 when we start burning wood. Have no idea how this stacks up against total electric or oil heat. Think I am on the good side for expenses... Have heard some real horror stories from the neighbors for filling up the fuel oil tanks....

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS