cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot in the NW!

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I just returned from Alaska & BC yesterday and am staying here in Kettle Falls, WA, where it is a sweltering 104 degrees! Had planned to stay at Canyon Creek NFS campground--even selected a campsite there and backed into it---but the heat, even in the shade and with the fan on full blast, was just too much. I had to resort to an RV park with electricity so I could use the A/C. Kind of a shock to my system. 😄
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8
31 REPLIES 31

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
To put this in perspective, according to a recent Seattle Times article, in the US as a whole, on average approximately 75% of dwelling units have AC. In the Pacific NW, approximately 25% of dwellings have AC.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
108 in the Roseburg area.....and not a campsite available at the coast. 😞
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are in Florida.. My brother and his family moved to Portland a year ago to get away from the Florida summers.

So this has been a mild summer here. 81 here right now and 100 there.

Odd.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it has been near 100F around Portland OR. Today I had to repair 4 air conditioners - the most I have had break in one day!

It is for the record books, and expect it to cool off soon. Until then, try camping around the Olympic Rain Forest, or along the coast. It is much cooler there.

It is 72F outside as I type this at 1:30 am, but the indoor weather report is 72F thankful of a great air conditioner all day long. ..

At least you are mobile, and can move to a cooler area!

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Y-Guy
Wonderful 111 today on my Jeep, no doors, no top and no AC on, I'm the odd one because I enjoy the heat.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
103 degree here in Spokane Valley at ^:00 PM today.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
119 here till the high pressure moved over

George_H
Explorer
Explorer
102 in sunny backyard, here on Washington's "wet side".
George, Juanita and Mandie (boss Shar-Pei)
01 F350, PSD, DRW
05 Carri-Lite 32RS3

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
At least it's not like Virginia, where we lived for 3 absolutely miserable years. We're ex-pat Brits where a newspaper headline once read "72 again tomorrow, and no relief in sight". My first day going to work at NASA at 07:00 it was 83F, thick fog and a thunderstorm was raging.This was the day after the June holiday weekend.

We finally made it back to Washington state in 1974 and are still here, now in retirement in Anacortes. My sister, who still lives in our old home town in the UK, says "Anacortes is where God goes on his vacation".
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
106 yesterday, 103 today at our house. No AC at home but a basement. Welcome to the Desert NW...;)
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
111 in my home town

tonyandkaren
Explorer
Explorer
We're sweltering too. We left Spokane this morning, got on the interstate and drove for 250 miles which is something we rarely do - the interstate or that many miles in a day. It was 98-99 all day until we got to Drummond, Montana and the temperature dropped to 93. No air conditioning in our RV because we're not supposed to be in places that get this hot! 😄

Hope you had a good time in Alaska. Did you get to try out the four wheel drive?
Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
100 in Portland today, according to our local weather. Hotter than Phoenix!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
hating it...we are heading for the Coast.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will start cooling on Monday.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob