cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you carry Blue Tote?

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Right now we have ours on our ladder but not crazy about how it looks plus UV, so how do you carry yours?
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
53 REPLIES 53

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:

I guess it would be a lot easier with a Class A or C.

Yes it is... ๐Ÿ™‚
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
My wife would have a hissy fit if I put the tote tank in the basement. She would make me sterilize it every time, even if it is used for gray water only. Not sure how I would sterilize it, so I carry it in the back of the P/U.
Tom & Carol

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We do a great deal of state parks with water and electric only. If I watch close, the 2 of us can take a hot shower and wash dishes for 6 days. I bought an 18 gal one knowing how heavy they can get and 18 gals will get us a full week. Its tucked in the basement out of sight.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I use the full hookup sites at promised land state park. They are great! No blue boy, no water tanks, long hot showers, and washing dishes with a lake view and pet friendly. Yup!

They get booked up, minimum 5 month in advance reservations are needed.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
PAThwacker wrote:
I carry a 25 gallon tote on the floor of my hybrid. We camp a lot at state parks, limited hookups, or no hookups. Pita w 30/30/30 tanks. 3 day weekends are 90 gallon shuffling events.

Have you checked out the list of full hookup parks and those about to be added to the list? It's all experimental, of course, just to see if folks really will pay the extra fee.:R
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 25 gallon tote on the floor of my hybrid. We camp a lot at state parks, limited hookups, or no hookups. Pita w 30/30/30 tanks. 3 day weekends are 90 gallon shuffling events.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
i only use mine once a year during a 2 week trip. wrap it in an old blanket to put it in the tub. once set up it goes outside under the trailer.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
bed of truck, on it's side, bungeed against the cab. goes all the way across but it only takes up about a foot of bed that way
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
In my pass thru storage compartment also. Use it once or twice a year. DW isn't big on water management:R But I have it if I need it.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
I carry our in the bed of the truck also.

I know several posters consistantly advocate hitching and pulling the trailer to the dump station, but I can't imagine how I'd ever do that in three times the amount of time it takes to fill and dump the tote. So much stuff to put away and secure to move the trailer! My tanks are the same size as the tote and we're pretty good with water, so even if I stay a week I usually only have to dump the gray once. One trip and done! The problem isn't that the tote doesn't work, it's that you folks bought too small of a tote. Last trip the four of us spent four nights without sewer or water AND all took showers in the trailer, and still only dumped it once. The better you are with FW management, the less you have to dump.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
DH made this to carry it under the rig...wasn't gonna look at that hanging off the rear ladder!

2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
We have ours because we can't make it a week (7 days). We dry camp a lot and there are no dump stations nearby. We can go 5 nights max and the grey tank (40gal) is almost full. We do dump dishwater down the toilet. We also leave a small dish pan in the shower to catch extra water and dump it down the toilet as well. We take Navy showers and have a wash station for hands outside the 5'er. We conserve as best as we can. We eat like we eat at home, so we have more dishes to clean than if we were just BBQing burgers or weenies. I feel that the tote gives us that extra insurance that we don't have to conserve every drop of water or take sponge baths. We want to enjoy our outings not sacrifice so much that it's not fun. We don't take it on every trip obviously and in fact only pack it once or so a year.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain Mama wrote:
Right now we have ours on our ladder but not crazy about how it looks plus UV, so how do you carry yours?

If you go to Goggle Images and type in "carrying Barker Blue tote," you will see many, many pictures of how it is being done. Lots of different ideas there. No waiting for replies here.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
The only time we've ever used a blue tote is when we camp in our '64 TravelEze. It doesn't have a gray tank (apparently you just ran the grey water onto the ground in 1964) so we toss the blue tote in the back of the truck, and when camping it's hooked up under the trailer. We can go 5 days on the black tank, so the tote only sees gray water. If we're gone any longer than that we're in our class B conversion van, so it's easy to dump whenever we need to. We've dry camped for 25+ years in every style of rig, but never used a blue tote at any other time.

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine