cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need help finding a post!

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I am a little confused on when I saw the post on a special type of screwdriver listed on ebay. The set was two drivers a #1 and a #2 and was kind of expensive but reasonable considering it's use.

I thought that MEXICOWANDERER was the OP but a search of his posts did not bring up anything. Subject was about the screws found on fuse blocks and being multipurpose for using square, flat blade or Phillips or this other kind of driver.

I would like to print it out as there is some really good information in the thread that can be used in teaching kids about screwdrivers and selecting the correct style.

Any help including if you did a search and found the post, what you searched for.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
18 REPLIES 18

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
The driver in question (if that is the one David is looking for) is kind of an oddball- for the combo straight/Phillips screw- also has 1000v insulation.

-- Chris Bryant

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
I think you can use a #3 Phillips or #2 Square drive on those . Looks a lot like deck screws I use

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
bcbouy wrote:
a robertson will work best on all jis screws.it's a very common screw head in canada.
Hmm, I thought the Robertson was a square headed screw. Would that work well without chewing up the head of a JIS screw? Or am I mistaken?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
pulsar wrote:
If the thread that Trackrig linked to is the one your are looking for, the reason it can't be found with the forum search engine is that it is more than a year old and the forum no longer properly archive thread.

More specifically, if a thread is more than a year old and was posted after April 29, 2013, the search engine will not find it. The 2013 date is when the archiving process broke. (One might think that it could have been fixed by now.)

I'm sure Trackrig found it with another search engine, probably Google.

Tom

Yes, I used Google by searching on MEXICOWANDERER SCREWDRIVER. I find Google a lot better for searching this forum than the forum's search function.

It is interesting that since this is an old post, that David and I both saw it in the last little while - that's how I knew what he was talking about. I didn't realize it was an older post.

Bill

The thread was visible on the forum, and the search engine could find it until the afternoon of June 25. That is when the last post became more than a year old.

After that, it should not have been visible or searchable.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
a robertson will work best on all jis screws.it's a very common screw head in canada.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I found the tool- eBay remembered me looking at it.
-- Chris Bryant

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most screws on motorcycles using a #2 and #1 screwdriver are JIS screws. Those are pretty large screws and take a fair amount of torque to loosen. Using a regular Philips screwdriver is almost guaranteed to strip out the head. Pretty much any screw on a Japanese made device is a JIS screw, and for best results needs JIS screwdriver.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
About the only thing worse than the Posidrive is the Clutch G heads used on many RV's. I bought a few of the Clutch drive bits and have a couple still NIB for that emergency that may happen. As I find them, I replace them with more standard type fastener heads.

Yup, JIS has been referenced as well but those are more typical in smaller plate installations where a big amount of torque isn't needed and a standard Phillips driver suffices. Still, it depends on what you're working on and the environment the fastener has seen.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:

I thought that MEXICOWANDERER was the OP but a search of his posts did not bring up anything. Subject was about the screws found on fuse blocks and being multipurpose for using square, flat blade or Phillips or this other kind of driver.

The other screwdriver Mex was talking about was the JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard).
That thread got deleted because someone thought that Mex was sluring the Chinese, because of a company name he mentioned..

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the Posidrives were essentially a Phillips with the little tongs in-between?
This looks like a Phillips with one polarity wider and extending to the edge of the screw?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job. I'll have to remember to use Google as there are many old posts that are invisible to this search engine.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
pulsar wrote:
If the thread that Trackrig linked to is the one your are looking for, the reason it can't be found with the forum search engine is that it is more than a year old and the forum no longer properly archive thread.

More specifically, if a thread is more than a year old and was posted after April 29, 2013, the search engine will not find it. The 2013 date is when the archiving process broke. (One might think that it could have been fixed by now.)

Tom

Yes, I used Google by searching on MEXICOWANDERER SCREWDRIVER. I find Google a lot better for searching this forum than the forum's search function.

It is interesting that since this is an old post, that David and I both saw it in the last little while - that's how I knew what he was talking about. I didn't realize it was an older post.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
First a thank you to Trackrig, that is the post, now that Tom(Pulsar) jogged my memory, I was searching for something in the archives and that must be where I saw the post.

Tom, thanks for your insight, I didn't even consider that I might have seen it there.

For what it is worth, I am an electrician and you don't see those screws a whole lot in residential or traffic signal equipment and fixtures. I do keep the square drives in my RV as well as at home but now I'll look for the Pozidrive.

Thanks again guys, David
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)