cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ice fishing RV

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not a fisherman of any kind. The last time I really fished was on a boat in the warm sun with a deck hand giving me a baited pole (key word "warm".) I have co-workers and relatives that take their fly fishing seriously and I get the passion that one can have for such an activity even though it may not be my cup of tea. I do not understand the desire to sit on a frozen lake fishing through an ice hole... I would much rather be skating on that lake! But to each his own.

A main reason why I like my truck camper is being able to get into remote locations for for hiking and hunting with a good deal of daily living comfort.

I stumbled across an RV that takes my ideals of recreating in comfort and combines it with the passion of ice fishing... I have never heard of or seen such a craft before.
I don't get it, but I like it:

Ice Fishing Lodge

One trailers this to a lake and then it squats down on the surface of the ice. There are holes in the floor from which to fish in comfort.

I don't get it... but I like it!
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
17 REPLIES 17

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's quite a few similar commercial and homemade ice fishing rigs on the lake by our Adirondack cottage every winter. It's not my sport, but I do understand the passion for it in others.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's probably the hottest selling type of RV here in the frozen North. Thousands of them in use. They can be used in the Summer for camping as well. If you've never tried ice fishing you just won't understand...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone will buy it, for sure. And, it could be used for other types of travel with a few removable mods.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board