cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In line water filter

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
just curious to see how long before you change out your water filter?
I am talking about the inline type that you put in between the water line and into your rv on the outside of rig.

Kinda like to see how far you went before changing it out, or how far you stretched it before changing?

I probably change my out this year. Not sure if they can grow anything inside them while setting for awhile.
7 REPLIES 7

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Weldon wrote:
As it gets heavy and flow begins to slow. more fr4equent on well water.

2x. The first one I had I used it for 2 years. During the second year it slowed down so much, I thought something was wrong with the plumbing in the campground. Took it off and water ran fine. I learned something that day.

If you keep both ends open over the winter months (I keep mine inside the trailer pass through), a simple initial flush and they are ready to use again. I sometimes flushed it backwards. I think that one reason I got almost 2 years out of it.

I don't hook up water directly to the trailer city inlet spigot. I always fill my fresh water tank. But I use the filter anyway. It's not perfect, but it does make me feel better that chunks of stuff are not being passed into my tank.

At home, (well water) I have an outside spigot that is connected through my home filtration system (Kenitco). Everything passes through those big tanks of sand filtration and then the water softener. So, from the house, I don't need the filter, as the full house is already filtered. But when camping, although not the greatest filter, it's probably a bit better than nothing.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Since we move around we check the filter each month and change as needed. during the off season we would keep it in the refrigerator in the house.

Always surprised how the quality of the water changes across the country.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We pull ours out and set it in sink between uses and change it yearly. Some advertise that they won't grow mold between uses. That's one of the factors we look at when buying.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
As it gets heavy and flow begins to slow. more fr4equent on well water.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Not full time but camping most weekends during the season - we change it yearly.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Water flow will slow down as they clog with debris, I have changed them as they became heavy and flow slowed down. Some years only once some twice, but I use them a lot at home with adding water to my koi pond as well.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we FTd using it daily........3 mos

Now just camping.......new one each start of camping season
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31