cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is 70 the age to stop towing

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
I think maybe if you drive a motorhome at 70 you are safe, but pulling anything behind it is not safe.
So big a world, so little time to see.
373 REPLIES 373

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
ppine wrote:
This is age discrimination and trolling by some young person.
Not a young person at all, but Supercharged is a bit of a troll and generally just posts to get people worked up about something.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mt /Dad is 92 and only drives two seater sports cars and an SUV. He is a better driver than most of my friends.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is age discrimination and trolling by some young person.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^^Don't be so upset, the whole post was just trolling to see how much noise he can create. A simple troll post, not to be taken seriously.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Supercharged wrote:
I think maybe if you drive a motorhome at 70 you are safe, but pulling anything behind it is not safe.

So I'm OK to drive my 13 ton motorhome but not with the Jeep behind? :h

What arrogance!

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
My uncle's father still tows equipment trailers at 82. He celebrated his 80th birthday with an Iron Butt ride. He's celebrating 83 with another one...a 50cc. (That is: Hilton Head to San Diego in 50 hours, on a motorcycle.)

He plans to celebrate 85 with an Ultimate Coast to Coast ride: Key West, Florida to Deadhorse (Prudhoe Bay), Alaska (5500 miles) in 30 days, and is considering making it Ultimate Coast To Coast Insanity...that is, Key West, to Prudhoe, back to Key West in 60 days.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
Thread starter "Supercharged" is happily chuckling somewhere, saying -
"I've done it again!"

IMO - he's only about 55...:B

That makes me feel sad when someone gives me hell and they don't know me. I'm always studying what I see and hear. That is why I said this and just wanted to bring it up. I might not be right, but we all know, no one should ever pull anything behind there RV, when they hit 70 years of age for sure.
So big a world, so little time to see.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope 70 isn't the limit. Otherwise this year will be my last.

Seriously, age itself shouldn't be the limiter. The limiter should be physical and mental condition. Some 80 year olds are probably younger mentally and physically than some 70 year olds.

I do believe that at some age, maybe 70, folks who drive any vehicle should go in for frequent written and driving tests. Maybe like every 2 years.

Physical and mental abilities can start to fall off much faster at that age.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
The park we just left had a 94 year old in a class A.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
My grand dad drove until he was 86.Died peacefully in his sleep.Unlike the three other screaming people in his car. I plan to go until the DW says we need to quit.I'm 66,shes 69.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

beachcomber_1
Explorer
Explorer
Soon to be 77, 32 foot MH with toad,still moving. Age is not the factor, skill and judgement is. I have seen many half my age who have no idea where their rig is in relationship with the road.

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
I hope towing at 70 is not time to quiet. I'm 73 and just bought a new Ford Power Stroke. See my signature.
2016 F250 Super Duty 4x2 Crew Cab XLT
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission
3.31 Electronic Locking Axle
Pullrite 16K Super Glide Hitch
2012 Sundance 275 RE XLT Fithwheel

SH
Explorer
Explorer
My dad just had his 91st birthday in January. I had to mail his present to the RV park he is currently at in Arizona. Drove his 37ft DP there the day after Christmas. He is coming back to WA state in March. Hope I do as well!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I think 70 is the new 60 or however that goes. With everything we have in todays world for food, medicine and exersize more people are more fit than before. We live in a more health conscience society today. I'm 64 and no way feel that I can't keep doing what I do for 10 more years. It's all about staying active and eating right. As long as your mind is sharp then there's no reason someone can't keep RV'ing well into their 70's. You might not be as fast at everything but at that age time doesn't matter. What else do you have to do? ๐Ÿ™‚

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
No no no. Wee are not old. Grand Pa was 70 something when my last uncle was born and Grand Ma 50 something.
Wife is 70 and is always on the run and dives most of the time because she insist.
I don't enjoy being the co pilot in heavy traffic much but I'm sure she doesn't when I drive. Maybe, at 90 we will consider buying an airplane instead.
At the American Coach Service Center we've encountered several Folks in the nineties. I wonder if any off them are here. Interestingly three of them were Widowers.