cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there any news from Little Rock?

notruffinit
Explorer
Explorer
I heard the twister hit an rv park and there were rigs dumped in the highway median.
'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3
11 REPLIES 11

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I was watching FOX NEWS and a reporter was standing in the Mayflower RV lot. Where he was standing was nothing but a thin layer of sticks and insulation on the ground.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, drove through that area yesterday on our way home, and it's a mess. It looked like Mayflower RV was right in the middle of the path the tornado took, and nothing is left standing. There were a couple other businesses and a church next to it that are also destroyed. There was also what was left of a semi tractor and a bunch of transformers laying in the I-40 median. They looked like they had all been through a shredder. On the other side of I-40, several other businesses were heavily damaged or destroyed, A Lumber One home center was damaged but still standing, their warehouse across the street was destroyed.

I don't think anyone who was caught in it on the hiway was killed, though there were 16 deaths in Arkansas from this storm. This was a very powerful and fast moving storm.

Prayers for all those affected.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB wrote:

The RV lot on the side of I40 supposedly had 90 RVs on it and the Weather Channel guy says he can really only account for around 25 RVs. The rest must have been spread out to the NORTHEAST. Might find a few appliances scattered along the destruction path somewhere...

I heard the other RVs were shredded beyond recognition ๐Ÿ˜ž Keeping those affected (and taking shelter again tonight) in my prayers.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, not an RV Park but a Dealership destroyed last night. Mayflower RV Sales northwest of Little Rock was hit. We bought our last unit from them years ago.
It was a supercell storm that travelled almost 150 miles from the southwest to the northeast part of the state. Get a map and put your finger on Texarkana and draw a line up to Jonesboro, AR, that is almost the path the storm took. Although this storm really formed closer to Hot Springs than Texarkana, this seems to be the path most of these storms take lately. Our town is about 25 miles east of Vilonia, AR, we took our hit back in 2001 and Vilonia itself was hit just three years ago, some people just now getting their homes back together from the previous tornado.

Prayers please if you are inclined, it takes a while to clean-up and rebuild after these storms........
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a tornado go over us in Feb 2013 while in our CG florida but it didn't touched down until about 25-30 miles N.E. of us. We did have very high winds though and we were surrounded by live oaks and real tall pines. The wind knocked off some of the high branches and some of them were up to approx 1-1/2" dia at the butt jagged broken off end. The ground was literally covered with branch debris.

We'd barely heard the branch butts hit our roof because the loud wind roar, lightning, and thunder was so loud. After it passed and the rain stopped we noticed water running/dripping down the side of the wardrobe closet next to the vanity so I got the ladder down and got up and looked on the roof above where the leak was. Sure enough, the falling branches had gouged 6 cuts thru the rubber membrane and made a couple gouges in the plywood. So I patched them with Gorilla tape and then covered the area with white Dynex caulk I havve with us and it worked. No more leaking!

Called our ins and they said to get an estimate and as it was our place to live in, I asked if it was OK to do when we got back home and they said OK as long as it wasn't still leaking and it didn't. Got back home in mid march, got the estimate, was OK'd and a new roof was put on including a fresh layer of wood underlayment screwed and glued on over the exisiting plywood after they dried it thoroughly. The repair place insisted that the glue won't stick properly to previous rubber glue covered wood. Our ins paid the complete bill including new fabric for the awning as it had a very small pencil lead sized hole in it too near the outside edge as it was rolld up that may have happened from a falling branch the our ins didn't even subtract our $100 deductible.

Yes, a spanking new roof and awning is very nice but we'll gladly skip going thru that storm experience again, period! We were very lucky. An RV is no match for a tornado!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently, there were a couple of rv's hit while traveling on I 40 from a rain wrapped tornado. One looks like a 5th wheel & maybe a travel trailer, also semi's & cars. We are usually in that area this time of year, scary. There are pictures on Little Rock's ABC website

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
Weather channel reported that the owner of the RV lot said most of the units were scattered 100's of yards away through the woods. That cures me of ever staying in the MH again during a tornado warning!
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
There's an RV dealer next to I-40 just about where the tornado crossed over. One report I saw said the winds even moved the 8000 lb concrete barriers along the hiway. I'll be going through there later today on my way home.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

PHM4LR
Explorer
Explorer
The 40+ RV's were new units for sale. Vilonia seems to be the worst hit and that is after recovering from a tornado three years ago. Tough times for them.

Pat

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
The Arkansas tornado touched down about 10 miles west of Little Rock at around 7 p.m. and moved northeastward for at least 30 miles, the National Weather Service reported. It missed the state capital but passed through or near several of its suburbs, causing widespread damage in the communities of Mayflower and Vilonia.
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Little Rock is fine. All the damage is starting NW of Little almost to CONWAY AR and then is a 90 mile path of destruction all the way to the NE Corner of Ark. I40 was closed for a few hours where the Tornado crossed the Interstate.

The RV lot on the side of I40 supposedly had 90 RVs on it and the Weather Channel guy says he can really only account for around 25 RVs. The rest must have been spread out to the NORTHEAST. Might find a few appliances scattered along the destruction path somewhere...

Having lived in the Jacksonville Area for several years in the early 60s while serving in the AF and working on the now closed Titan II Missile Silos I was very familiar with all of the towns being named as the tornado was progressing along its path heading North East. Even heard the town OIL TROUGH, ARK mentioned haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS