cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just bought 2006 Prius, anyone tow one?

moon_lake
Explorer
Explorer
We have a georgie boy cruisemaster 34' with ford chassis, looking to get a tow dolly

To tow the prius. Just wondering if anyone on here has experience with one? I think

It looks pretty low profile,,, don't want the rear bumper dragging on the ground.

And looked up what weight we can tow in the gb manual, theres a weird formula we

are supposed to do. I am not the greatest math wiz, so it all looks greek to me.

Is there a general rule to tow weight? Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚
4 REPLIES 4

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. I don't have much to contribute here except that I have seen it done a few times including a couple weeks ago. We were behind it and it looked like it had no clearance problems. No idea of the year.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from class A forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

moon_lake
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the links, the second link talks about using an enclosed trailer for the car,,, can you imagine what that would weigh??

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of recent threads on this forum regarding the Prius would be worthwhile reading:

Prius Link 1

Prius Link 2
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.