cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just ordered a Master Tow Dolly w/surge brakes

cmalberto
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to the forum I just ordered a Master Tow dolly with surge brakes. Should be in about 3 weeks. I have learned alot reading around. They had 4 on the lot but none had brakes. Didn't really want to do the brake buddy thing.
Mickey Alberto
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 320BH
3 REPLIES 3

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Stehl Tow Dolly with surge brakes. I prefer the surge brakes over the electric brakes. Also the brakes on mine are disc brakes and not the old drum brake style, better braking.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
cmalberto wrote:
Thanks to the forum I just ordered a Master Tow dolly with surge brakes. Should be in about 3 weeks. I have learned alot reading around. They had 4 on the lot but none had brakes. Didn't really want to do the brake buddy thing.

Do a thorough inspection before final payment, including lubrication for the bearings. Also, inspect the dolly before each day of towing. My Mastertow with elec brakes literally fell apart in its first year.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good thing, since you can't use brake buddy with a tow dolly. The brakes have to brake the dolly's wheels. Braking the car's wheels merely tries to pull the car off the dolly.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB