cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keeping the ol' Coachman alive.

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
Lately I've been getting the ol' Coachman that is as old as me. Back into top mechanical condition. Started off with new water valve in the toilet, shower faucet, city water connection and a badly needed door holder.

Now everything functions as it should. Except one issue that drives me nuts and one nice to have.

Water shoots out of the sink faucets like a pressure washer. Water pump is a shurflo rated at 30 psi, will get more details. Also hooked up to hose from the house with one of those pressure reducers 40-50 psi. And cleaned the faucet caps but got the same results. How do I slow down the flow coming out of the faucets to a more house like flow?

The nice to have. The awning canvas held out till last summer when it finally fell apart. And in the mean time I removed it all together. But it would be nice to have back. Where or how do I get a new canvas to fit my old awning?

2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
8 REPLIES 8

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like your a pretty handy guy. Just replace the faucet and on the awning EBAY! Replaced my awning material last year for like $80. Good luck, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
Alright snapped a pic of the pump. And it is not a shurflo it is a flojet. Specs do not seem to be out to lunch at 2.3 gpm & 30 psi max.

Will pic up some new style faucet caps and see if it makes any difference.

If that does not work could the pump be malfunctioning and kicking out more than it should?

2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

westend
Explorer
Explorer
STANG23L wrote:
The caps are not the new screen style, just pin holes. Cleaned both of them out yesterday to see if it made a difference. But it was a no go.
You may be able to buy new aerators that have a screen. The small orifice in the end caps is probably adding to the problem.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
The caps are not the new screen style, just pin holes. Cleaned both of them out yesterday to see if it made a difference. But it was a no go.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Is the aerator on the end of the faucet?

I agree with above..

the end piece of the faucet is the limiter of Flow... except for the pump..

at the age of trailer .. just replace the faucet... not difficult.. just not so easy to get to.

my Coachmen titled is a 2005. built in 2004, frame built in 2003.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe time for new faucets. Gaskets may have given out - corroded with gunk inside causing the erratic spray.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV stores will sell replacement awning material made to fit or you can order online.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76