Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone RV & Thor Industries

ka0dqz
Explorer
Explorer
To Whom It May Concern:
If you are considering purchasing or know someone who is you/they may wish to consider a manufacturer other than Keystone RV and Thor Industries. These two companies do not stand behind their products.
I have a 2013 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES, purchased July 05, 2013. This unit has had numerous issues most that should have been caught on a final inspection prior to be shipped to a dealer.
The unit was taken back to the dealer, Century RV in Longmont, CO, on September 30, 2013 to have 7 issues addressed. As of the date of this posting all of the issues have not been completed. March 26, 2013 the dealer was notified of a crack that has appeared on the exterior wall of the main slide. This problem has not even been addressed as to when it will be repaired.
However, the largest issue is that also on March 26, 2013, it was discovered that one of the seals on the P-trap for the shower drain had never been installed. This allowed all of the shower water to drain into the belly of the RV. I was concerned about mold and mildew. I wrote Keystone and Thor Industries, the parent company of Keystone, and told them of my concerns. As of the date of this posting I have NEVER heard from Thor Industries. On June 12, 2013, I was contacted by Mr. Stephen Holmes, Manager of Owner Relations for Keystone RV, who promised to have an answer for me by close of business on June 13, 2013 and said he would call me. I did not hear from Mr. Holmes on Friday June 13th nor as of the date of this posting have I heard from Mr. Holmes.
69 REPLIES 69

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
8-1/2 months at a dealer for repairs is absolutely disgusting. If it were me I would be asking them to reimburse me for payments of a unit not being used. I would also want it replaced with a correctly built unit.
Just because most RV's have a few problems still doesn't mean they should. And to have 7 problems that have taken 8-1/2 months to deal with is ridiculous.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
jrstout89 wrote:
I believe lack of customer service should never happen. Also the recalls by Toyota and GM could actually be construed as good examples of customer service, fixing a defective item, which does not seem to be the case in this situation.

If poor workmanship is fairly consistent then the only place to make up for it is in customer service. If that doesn't happen a company deserves the flaming.

I agree with poor customer service but have to respectfully disagree abut GM being "construed as good examples of customer service."

The ignition switch recall has killed at least 13 people and up to 60. The problem was HIDDEN by GM engineers. Hiding a known problem that kills people is not what I call "good examples."
Ignition switch recall

When the Toyota sudden acceleration problem first occurred they tried to blame it on floor mats! No good customer service there either.

If something goes wrong in the production of my unit, notify me, fix it right, do not just apply a band aide, and I will commend you.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

jrstout89
Explorer
Explorer
He just may understand RVs can have problems and that's why he was complaining about lack of customer service. I believe lack of customer service should never happen.

The first time customer service does not meet my expectations the company loses my business forever. On the other hand I could buy an RV and if it had 50 problems and they were all addressed in a professional and timely fashion I would not slam the product, I would praise the company and they would get my future business. Also the recalls by Toyota and GM could actually be construed as good examples of customer service, fixing a defective item, which does not seem to be the case in this situation.

If poor workmanship is fairly consistent then the only place to make up for it is in customer service. If that doesn't happen a company deserves the flaming.
2010 Ford F250HD V10 4.10
2010 Jayco 30.5RLS

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the OP. I will never buy another keystone or thor product

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV can have issues but no company should ignore communications from a customer.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
I understand your frustration but keep in mind ALL RV's can have issues. Unfortunately in the RV industry that's one thing that's fairly consistent poor workmanship.

As an owner that has a Keystone/Thor product and has had very little problems,I feel that it is unfair to castigate any large company for one instance, no matter how unfortunate. Thor produced 166,152 units in 2013.

Have you checked Toyota and GM recalls lately?

Lets' keep things in perspective.

I am sorry you had such trouble.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I understand your frustration but keep in mind ALL RV's can have issues. Unfortunately in the RV industry that's one thing that's fairly consistent poor workmanship.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a bridge near by or something....
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Well, there ya' go. Mr. Holmes thought he could ignore your problem and you would just blow away but now you have told thousands of people about their poor customer service. Shame on you Stephen Holmes!