cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Mead

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone is planning to go to Lake Mead north of the Kingman, AZ area.
forget it. It is closed along with the rest of the launch ramps on Mead.
I live near the South Cove ramp and went up to verify this A.M.
Road Blocked.
6 REPLIES 6

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
According to local TV, the dam tour is still operating. It was definitely different this AM, as I walked from the Boulder City Elks Lodge to get the morning paper. I saw two tour busses, at about the same time other days, they are backed up waiting on the traffic light to turn towards Lake Mead and Grand Canyon.

Stay at the B.C. Elks quite often. Nice people run it. Debbie and DH.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
The Administration is picking and choosing which things to shut down. It appears the ones that hurt the People the most or doesn't cost the American people much to use are being shut down.

As usual!
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
I am not going to write anything about what is going on because it will just get deleted by the mods.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
No revenue for the boat launches, but tooooo much lost money to shut the dam down. The Administration is picking and choosing which things to shut down. It appears the ones that hurt the People the most or doesn't cost the American people much to use are being shut down.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to local TV, the dam tour is still operating. It was definitely different this AM, as I walked from the Boulder City Elks Lodge to get the morning paper. I saw two tour busses, at about the same time other days, they are backed up waiting on the traffic light to turn towards Lake Mead and Grand Canyon.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boy, I never thought of that. I use Lake Mead rec area a lot around Boulder City.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman