cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lexel

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I found this to be a cross between super glue and caulk. The drip rail came loose on our counter top, so I asked the local ACE hardware guy to advise what to use, great product, it clear, doesn't yellow and is used just like caulk.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
8 REPLIES 8

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Lexel a lot on our kayaks.
It is far superior than silicon, but it costs a third more.
It is used as a sealant, but I would not use it in place of contact cement or a marine glue.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never used the product, but I would hazard a guess that it is similar to "goop", "shoe goo", etc or other adhesives where it can be applied & the pieces clamped if they need to be held in place until the adhesive sets a bit, or it can be applied to surfaces such as where a wall meets a counter top.

Therefore, no, it is not a contact type adhesive.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
From what you described I take it you have to clamp the pieces together while it dries. It is not a contact adhesive right?

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perception Sports has this to say on repairs - I have a polyethylene kayak:

We recommend using Lexel and following these steps: 1) Clean the area with soap and water and let it dry 2) Leave the old sealant in place unless it's pulling away from the boat or bulkhead 3) Lay down a thin bead of sealant...

If it works that well on poly, then it'll work on everything else!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
My eyes must be real tired. I saw your topic title and thought it was Exlax.

It comes in a squeeze tube, I guess you could use it that way. I doubt you'd get the intended purpose. ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
My eyes must be real tired. I saw your topic title and thought it was Exlax. I suppose one is to bind things together, and the other is loosen them up? :B

LOL. I thought it was a Pleasureway "Excel".
Ray

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
loctite has a product sold at walmart goes on white dries clear

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My eyes must be real tired. I saw your topic title and thought it was Exlax. I suppose one is to bind things together, and the other is loosen them up? :B