cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

light strip ?

campkodiak23
Explorer
Explorer
Question regarding lightingโ€ฆ The strip of white lights that are under my awning on my 2018 Coachmen Concord 300 DS. It seems to attract a crazy amount of little teeny flying insects I donโ€™t know if it was just early May that we went out and they were attracted to that or what, but there were a TON and kinda grossed me out ! HA Wondering if the light bulbs / light strip ??
can be switched out for yellow? Would that help at all ?? Other thoughts ?

Thanks
2018 Coachman Concord 300DS
2017 Ford F150
1 hubby & me
11 REPLIES 11

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Enjoy the darkness. Keep the lights off.

2x... the glow of a campfire is better than any electronic artificial lighting any time!

X3 plus your neighbors will appreciate it

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
campkodiak23 wrote:
Question regarding lightingโ€ฆ The strip of white lights that are under my awning on my 2018 Coachmen Concord 300 DS. It seems to attract a crazy amount of little teeny flying insects I donโ€™t know if it was just early May that we went out and they were attracted to that or what, but there were a TON and kinda grossed me out ! HA Wondering if the light bulbs / light strip ??
can be switched out for yellow? Would that help at all ?? Other thoughts ?

Thanks

White awning lights? My 2018 Coachmen has purple awning lights, they seem to attract no bugs. They are way too bright though, and we use them only on the lowest setting, if at all.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

2x... the glow of a campfire is better than any electronic artificial lighting any time!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our yellow porch light attracts insects too. Seems to be worse if you are around a lake or body of water , especially if there is a new hatch from the lake. We just go out without a light on. Unless there is no moon, there is plenty of light to see once your eyes adjust.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have the strips any longer, but do have other LED lighting around. It does seem to attract lots less bugs than the old lights but there are some still there. Bugs and camping?? woodsmoke is the best repellent, but it burns the eyes also.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The LED strip in our awning tube has nearly half the individual LEDs burned out. No worries about insects for us! ๐Ÿ˜ž

The LED strip got replaced under warranty once already. Needs replacing again after a couple of season's use (with a good one this time) and have been thinking about getting the type where colors can be changed.

The OEM factory LED strips they install in awning tubes are super bright and cool white which is perfect for inviting all them pesky flying insects over to your site, pffft... :M

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Explorer II
Explorer II
They can be replaced with an RGB light strip and controller. With this you can change the color and brightness of the strip.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Yellow from a multicolor LED strip is unlikely to help keep bugs away. It's a human perceptive yellow, a combination of red and green, and the green is more visible to bugs than a true yellow. Setting a LED strip to red would probably work best.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We put a add on strip on our 2014 TT. You could change the color on it via the remote.

On our 2017 the factory strip is blue and color can't be changed without changing out the strip.

Check your remote if you have one or instructions if you have any.

good luck

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unles they are LED's they can easily be switched for Yellow

If they are LED's it is a bit harder but they too can be switched.

And beyond that I can't nelp you long distance.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times