cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lost insulation over wheel well due to tire blowout.

seattlefirervr
Explorer
Explorer
Where do I find insulation replacement for insulation lost above wheel well after a tire blowout?
2006 31' Wildcat QBH,Yamaha 3000EFi Generator

2000 Ford F250 Lariat PSD CC,SB,4WD,AT. aFe Megacannon Airfilter,4" Diamond I exhaust,Custom"Evergreen Diesel"chip,Autometer pillar gauges,BD Torque Converter,ATS Turbo Housing,Wicked Wheel,BD Exhaust Brake,
5 REPLIES 5

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
I used that 1/8" thick self adhesive, aluminum foil backed, insulation found at Lowes. I then bought a piece of that heavy duty rubber you make shower floors out of and glued/stapled it on to preserve water proofing. Much better than that black woven stuff they use.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
When that happened to me I went to a air cond/heating company and had them cut and bend a sheet metal panel the size I requested and installed that above the tires. So if I ever have another blow out I will not be having to deal with a hole in the slide out flooring. I found there was very little structure there and the metal panel was stronger than what it started out with. Cost was about $20 per side for cut and bent panels. I used a good caulk and non rusting screws to secure the new panel up into place. So far over about 6-7 years that has worked perfectly.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

seattlefirervr
Explorer
Explorer
Multi-Purpsose roll of insulation found at Lowes!
2006 31' Wildcat QBH,Yamaha 3000EFi Generator

2000 Ford F250 Lariat PSD CC,SB,4WD,AT. aFe Megacannon Airfilter,4" Diamond I exhaust,Custom"Evergreen Diesel"chip,Autometer pillar gauges,BD Torque Converter,ATS Turbo Housing,Wicked Wheel,BD Exhaust Brake,

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is fiberglass, just like used in home walls.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I did see someone put rubber matting glued into their wheelwell to prevent damage.. above that.. wedges of foam with spray foam between? Or get really technical and figure out the arc, and cut foam pieces to fit and glue them all together?
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel