cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love Bugs Florida Turnpike

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from Ocala, Fl to Ft Lauderdale, Fl using the Florida Turnpike Sunday. Any recent experiences to the love bug problems. Thanks
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}
9 REPLIES 9

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I live in a love bug area. Never use pam on the front of your vehicle. It will cook on in the hot florida sun and it takes lots of elbow grease to get it off. Love bugs can be removed within a few days of the strike with plenty of water and a used dryer sheet without any damage.

garymunson
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the 70's when they were even worse (if that even seems possible), quite a few of us would use PAM cooking spray on the front of our cars... You could rinse them off with a garden hose once you got home.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
There hasn't been any around here ( Tampa area) for a few weeks.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dmansellpc
Explorer
Explorer
The love bugs don't care what highway you're driving on! :W

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
There shouldn't be any left in Florida now. I brought them all back on the front of my trailer... :B:):R
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
usually the worst in June and September...
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We hit them all the way up early May from Cape Coral to Georgia.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I believe we have already had the spring fly. We had a few here in Northeast Fl the end of April and had them as we got off I95 on Us 17 in South Carolina May 1. I am thinking that since we didn't have but 1 day that got below 32 degrees this year, it has messed their cycle up.
We returned from Rainbow Springs, of SR40 in Ocala, middle of the day yesterday and nothing but a few moths and house flys but no love bugs.

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
Have not seen any yet here on the space coast or Orlando