Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mail

Kailua
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning all.
I have asked a few of you some questions regarding mail.
I am wanting to know how (if anyone) recieves durable medical equipment or supplies (DME) while on the road and if so; how does it work for you?
I was hurt and required colostomy supplies so every month I get a box of them. I know that recieving mail may be a task and I would be up sh*t creek without mine. Literally. With a colostomy bag, all you can do sometimes is laugh, but on the positive side,my black water tank wont have to be dumped as offen.
Any input would greatly appreciated.
K
9 REPLIES 9

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a mail box at an UPS Store, and simply give our name, the street address of the UPS store, and our Box number like #000, town, state, zip .. have used that many years .. some friends chuckle when they see the return address and know we are in an entirely different state when they receive mail from us ! But when our meds, etc. come, we simply email the UPS store with our new address, and ask for our mail to be forwarded, yes it is costing us about $15 per mailing, but well worth it for sure .. avoids the hassle of dealing with Rx Mail Order, etc.
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

Kailua
Explorer
Explorer
The VA moves in mysterious ways. I am stock piling my supplies now but the bottom line is the VA is unreliable in this regard. They have been good to me in every other way except getting the right supplies.
I will have no choice so we shall see.

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
The VA does not want their mail forwarded for some reason. I had the same problem with my meds. Now I use a friends address and he sends them Fedex to where I am at. You can also use Escapees for an address and they will do the same.
If you don't want or can't change your receiving address the only thing to do is have someone pick up your mail and overnite it.
Courage is endurance for one moment moreโ€ฆ
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

ronfisherman
Moved from Class C.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

ronfisherman
Do your supplies come direct from VA or are they from a supplier? I helped my mother with her supplies for many years from a Medicare supplier. I would order 3 months at a time. There was always a time when she got to end of 3 month supply. Making sure the new order arrived in time. Never ran out but it was close a few times. She always had the same address. Not sure how it would work while traveling. It may be best to have a mail box at a UPS Store and have them forward it to current location. This can get expensive with a good sized box. If you have a friend or relative that could do the same. It may be a little cheaper.
Some suppliers will ship to any address you give them for shipping. Have you tried contacting your supplier directly.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Kailua
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I get my supplies from the VA so I am thinking that there will be big challenges.
There is alwsys duck tape and walmart bags.
K

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
tjfogelberg wrote:
X2

Bless your sense of humor!

X3... And, you aren't letting this keep you cooped up at home!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
X2

Bless your sense of humor!

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Can you call you supplier several days before they mail the monthly supplies and give them a current address. You can then use a general delivery mail address and pick up at the post office (check with post office first as some do not accept general delivery). Alternatively, you can use the address of the campground ( get the procedure and address from the campground office first). Alternatively, if they will ship UPS, then you can use the addres of a UPS store close by.