cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Making a living out of traveling the U.S. in a RV

caliguy35
Explorer
Explorer
So I found these RVers. Pretty young. They bought a very nice RV. And the way they make there living is NOT working a 9 to 5 job. What they do is travel around in there RV. They make videos and blogs that document there journey. What a great life to live!

There Website - http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/about
12 REPLIES 12

caliguy35
Explorer
Explorer
They have a page explaining how to make money.....

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/travel-money-wynns

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
There are others out there doing the same thing.. Snowmads. Technomadia. Just gotta look for them.

And Yes Jason and Nikki do make money while on the road. The current Fleetwood RV was given to them by Fleetwood to use and represent them. I imagine many of the things they use (and make videos about) are given to them in return for their work.
Well there you go:C
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
There are others out there doing the same thing.. Snowmads. Technomadia. Just gotta look for them.

And Yes Jason and Nikki do make money while on the road. The current Fleetwood RV was given to them by Fleetwood to use and represent them. I imagine many of the things they use (and make videos about) are given to them in return for their work.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
John S. wrote:
Yes, i have followed them for a while but I think she is a great writer and he is a photographer so they can make up videos that help them too. There are others who promote internet on the road too. I would say the best has to be traveling nursing.

We did travel nursing for three years in a class A with a toad. We took summers off in the area we now live in. We are both retired now, and if I told the wife today lets sell out and hit the road again, we would be gone tomorrow in our B.

Once the bug bites there is no cure.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are ways to draw a substantial income from Internet advertising if you can generate enough traffic for advertisers to pay you. You don't have to be RVing to do it. There are also ways to get people to pay you for your thoughts, you ideas, your advice. There are ways to get people to donate money for development of an idea you presented.

I've been told by a friend who makes quite a bit of money using Internet sources that one of the best ways to make money is to teach people how to make money. But in this case it comes in faster from seminars and motivational speaking, than it does from the net advertising, which is more a steady stream than a series of windfalls.

It is all about finding an audience and giving them a message they want to hear.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
caliguy35 wrote:
roamermatt wrote:
They must have a trust fund or something to be able to afford a very expensive RV like that right out the gate, not to mention a brand-new toad.
They had successful businesses that they sold.
I have followed them for year or so. Really good information, but they sure are not living the RV life I see myself doing. But I say; All the Power to them! If they can live on the road and support themselves, great. They often talk about marketing the different campgrounds and RV centers that they frequent. They produce videos for these campgrounds and such. As well are deeply subsidized by using different vendor's products and equipment. By doing so they are a bit biased to the product that they are receiving or are using for a limited time. All n' all, a great group to watch, especially if you like to drink and visit wineries, then they are your couple to watch.

b

Oh, yeah, I travel fulltime and don't work and don't have a trust fund. But I don't own any property, mortgage, property tax, water bills and such. For that reason many of us, out here, can live very inexpensively and without a trust fund. Try living debt free and you might be surprised what you can really do.
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

caliguy35
Explorer
Explorer
roamermatt wrote:
They must have a trust fund or something to be able to afford a very expensive RV like that right out the gate, not to mention a brand-new toad.

They had successful businesses that they sold.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, i have followed them for a while but I think she is a great writer and he is a photographer so they can make up videos that help them too. There are others who promote internet on the road too. I would say the best has to be traveling nursing.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

roamermatt
Explorer
Explorer
Many people are doing this now, thanks to the wonders of deals like the Amazon Affiliates program, which gives you a small cut of anything purchased on Amazon if the buyer first clicks through your personal blog.

As for the example you cite, I've long been puzzled about that couple. They must have a trust fund or something to be able to afford a very expensive RV like that right out the gate, not to mention a brand-new toad. In addition, I believe they replaced the RV with another brand-new RV after just the first year or two - just because they wanted something different. I'm not criticizing -- to each his own -- just saying they probably do not make all their money with their blog/videos.

Here's another such RVer I admire who is probably a more typical real-world example (including links to detailed monthly budgets):

http://rvsueandcrew.net/

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Also look at FreeCampgrounds.com

YOu can find some great places to camp for free. A great way to save money while full timing! And see some spectacular places, not just stay in crowded campgrounds.

Another tip: Get a solar system. SunElec.com is one place that offers discount solar panels - many at around $1 per rated watt.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now there is a good website. Theirs was probably a joint effort.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Good for them, they're living the dream.