cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving threads?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I would have thought that weather might be of major interest to people that are moving about right now. Snowbirds and families getting together for Christmas. Makes little sense to me to move a weather thread away from where the people are that read it.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
9 REPLIES 9

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I too sometimes wonder why a certain thread is moved, but I don't let it bother me 'cause I've got more important things to worry about. Someone has to moderate this forum and I salute them for taking the time and effort to do so.
Times fun when you're having flies!

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
I would have thought that weather might be of major interest to people that are moving about right now. Snowbirds and families getting together for Christmas. Makes little sense to me to move a weather thread away from where the people are that read it.

Gary Haupt

You could always start your own forum and post wherever you want to.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to take a guess...what do you think?

My idea, maybe OP was saying many people only look at one open road forum (example; maybe some only look at Class A's or only 5th wheels etc)and moving a thread into another forum would mess some people up?

At any rate, I can't figure out "weather" is used to move a thread is about weather (sun and rain) or weather (as in undecided or unsure)

"Weather" or not what do you think?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I understand how weather is a more appropriate topic for ATC than General or Snowbird etc. but generally I appreciate a tidy forum. Which leads me to ask why people would post an issue that covers nearly all RVs into the forum that represents only their type of RV - for example a question about a Norcold fridge in the Class A forum?

Anyway, if OP were to click on the "newest" or "active" or "popular" icons located on the bar at the top of the page, the topic one wants to follow will appear if there are recent posts regardless of where the topic has been posted.
www.putt10.net

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect Gary is referring to this thread Weather guessers calling for nationwide cold blast next week that was moved from General RVing Issues to Around the Campfire.

Generally, I don't like questioning a housekeeping matter in the open forum. More appropriate would be to send a private message to the moderator that moved the thread. However, a moved thread does not carry a indicator as which moderator moved it, other than the moderators listed for the forum from which it was moved.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh-oh, you did a baaaaaad thing, you question the 'M' people..........

It was nice knowing you.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I, along with others, probably have no idea what you're talking about.

X2...

X3
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

X2...

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman