Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach Camping World

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another RV with problems.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2019/10/24/customers-say-rv-purchase-turned-into-nightmare/
12 REPLIES 12

smarty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Purchasing an RV is the ultimate definition of "as is"...

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Typical dealer response; can't get authorizations or parts... Blah, blah, blah. I admit it is hard to get authorizations and parts when no one actually calls or places an order. I also like the line about being 7 techs short. Well then fire 7 sales dudes and stop selling until the shop catches up. Yeah right.....

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Doubt I would ever buy a new RV again. Used RV is a better investment and if your a smart shopper you're likely to get one where the bugs have been fixed. Life is too short for constant warranty work.
Kevin

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
down home wrote:
Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
In just a few hundred feet he almost stalled, it seemed, from the recoil.
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.

What in the world has this got to do with a new RV that has multiple problems and the difficulty in getting correct repairs done?
Yep, lost me on this one too.

You have to understand Old Timers Disease, easy to get lost in your thoughts.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
DownTheAvenue wrote:
down home wrote:
Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.

What in the world has this got to do with a new RV that has multiple problems and the difficulty in getting correct repairs done?
Yep, lost me on this one too.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
The article can be summed up in one sentence towards the end.

"WMBF reached out to Thor and Forest River for comment and did not receive a call back."

When confronted................Hide LOL.

They can blame the dealer, and the dealer can blame the manufacturer, but ultimately in the end they are in it together and know exactly what they're doing, and what they can get away with. Nothing new here. They intend to ride the wave until it crashes like it always has, then start over.

But...............this may be a game changer, or it may not. Even if it is it will take years and then they'll find another loophole to exploit.

GAME CHANGER?

MORE
"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
LINK

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, we read all the horror stories and figured going into RVing that the unit is pretty much sold "as is". Get smart and do our own repairs or be prepared to have our local shop do it (they're pretty good and reasonably priced).

A warranty means nothing if you can't get it fixed or get it fixed right. That said, we've been pleasantly surprised with the one time we had to take it in. Was diagnosed and back to us in 3 days. Um, yeah, the "thing" was my fault. But zero charge to me for the visit.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
That's why I did my own repairs on my Voltage.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
LINK Link updated.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE