cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nascar camping

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
so is it pretty much the norm that nascar fans are running gennies all day and night at race events?. i want to go to dover downs for a race and bring the camper. i dont like sleeping without ac. i didnt buy my camper to not be comfy. i used a tent all my life with just a sleeping bag on the ground. so will i be ok to use a quiet genny for ac over night?

lol i posted this question in another thread on the use of generators but it seems everyone is intent on pointing fingers there.
2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re
23 REPLIES 23

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
One of the problems with genies is carbon monoxide.Since units are so close together,a few years ago some people were killed at one of the tracks by fumes.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure at Dover, but many of the tracks have different camping areas within them. Some are more family friendly than others.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We camp in Brookfest Acres at the Michigan race and there are generators running all the time everywhere (not the quiet ones either). By the time we go to bed we can not hear them anymore.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for replies guys. yeah i saw the rules on dovers site but i mean cmon.... buncha nascar rednecks folowing rules? 🙂 guess im watchin from a lazy boy in the ac somewhere then.
2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re

pjhansman
Explorer
Explorer
They definitely enforce the rules at Dover.....not so much at Bristol or Loudon or 'Dega
Phil & Rae.....and 2 feline furkids to make travel interesting 🙂
2011 Keystone Laredo 316RL
2005 Ford F250 SD, 6L PSD, 4x4
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the reasons I go to a State park 20 minutes away. I go to the Ky. Speedway race yearly. I just can't justify $600 for a weekend campsite with electric only or $300 weekend price for dry camping to be on the grounds. I spend $200 at Big Bone Lick State park and have Electric and water, fire pit and picnic table with tree's and shade, a pool and a lake to fish and a herd of buffalo to watch. I can tell you last year with a week of temps that had the highs in the 95-103 range all week, I was the genius.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
It's best to check the racetrack rules....which I just did for you. 🙂
http://www.doverspeedway.com/parking-info/

Seems the rules have Quiet Time from 11:00 to 6:00. 😞

There are reports of people there that break the rules and run their gennys all night..
There was a nice rig beside us at Talledega that ran theirs all the time....but it was so quiet we could not even hear it so it did not bother us or anyone else.

There seems to be quite a bit of off-track camping that you should check out.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

subcamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on the track.

We go to the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen. The track has quiet hours after 11:00PM and enforces it. Even people with the quiet Hondas have been told to shut it off at night (until 6:00AM).

Steve

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
see down below
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB