cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastway Flip Jack ??

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at buying this for my electric hitch jack. Read the following on their website Flip Jack

Do not use to support trailer parked on grade greater than 3% (1.72°).

Do not support trailer with jack foot placed on un-level ground or debris. Jack foot base plate must be in complete contact with ground.

Was wondering about the opinions of those who have used this Flip Jack.
Many thanks,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W
5 REPLIES 5

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I always use wedge chocks on the wheels, then drop the BAL X-chocks. Sounds redundant, but I've had tires deflate over time, and the BAL X-chocks can wind up loose after a couple months of the trailer sitting. Wedge chocks are going to keep the trailer in place regardless.

Artemus_Gordon
Explorer
Explorer
Its one of the greatest features I put on my TT! Worked great, sometimes needed little foot guidance but its a great invention! My friends just bought a new TT. We gave them one as trailer warming gift!
2012 Montana 3750 Hickory Edition, 2013 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Platinum options

2012 3750 Montana

Generator Box

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
Mostly "legalese" to keep the dumb people from eliminating themselves from the gene pool. When I had a TT, I used one and never had any issues with using it on a spot that I wanted to camp on. Never had the desire to park on hill's slope of more than 3%. Like anything else, you chock first, then put the jack down. I got rid of my manually adjusting foot and used the Fastway foot for a fairly long time (about 3 years) and never had any issues with it. Start the jack down and the first couple of inches of travel suddenly becomes 8" of travel. Used it on my Lego blocks and never had an issue, but, I always firmly chocked first and I used the X chocks. If the trailer can't move, neither can the foot. Installed properly, the foot locks to the jack post pretty well and the trailer would have to roll away (not merely jiggle) from its position to get the foot to collapse. If it did collapse, besides the shock of the 6" drop, it wouldn't hurt anything (as long as the TT isn't free wheeling on its own) as the foot is designed to be used on its side for those instances where you don't need the 6" drop. I think in the years that I used it, I used that way maybe twice.

If I got rid of my 5er and got another TT there would be four things I'd change out before my first trip: Jack antenna, power jack (if the new one didn't have one), the Fastway Flip Foot and the Fastway self-coiling breakaway cable. Actually, I'd negotiate those "enhancements" with the purchase contract.
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Legal department speaking there, I'm sure. There is no difference between it and the flat pad that comes on most power jacks. Both are not going to keep your trailer from rolling away if you forget to chock it well. If it's chocked well, it's not going anywhere well past their reccommendations.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

cpmath
Explorer
Explorer
I guess the instructions from the manufacturer pretty much sums it up.