cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need seal for compartment door

afinepoint
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the seal on our 2007 Adventure Manufacturing RPM exterior compartment.

It is the soft seal that is compressed between door and "jamb". This is not the main entry door but the approximately 1' x 2' storage door at the front right corner.

Could you suggest the proper seal?

We are getting serious water intrusion inside the compartment when it rains. I replaced the seal last year however it has lost all resilience. I haven't proven the water is entering here but it's a good bet. The rains of the past two days here in Va. have soaked a beach towel just inside the door.

Thanks,

Reg
Tow vehicle: 01 F350 7.3L CC Lariat 4X4 dually, 220 amp alt, lit by PIAA & KC, thrust by Dp tuner, braking courtesy of ART cryogenics and PF pads, on board air, lane clearing by Nathan Airchime train horns, car catcher by Road Armor. Trailer: RPM M-26FBS
3 REPLIES 3

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
Ok where can you get seals for these or any other mono's basement doors ? All mine need replacing. Probably have to be universal (need to be cut) since I doubt very much if you can find exact replacements for a 96 Damon..(top hinge)
If it aint broke fix it till it is

afinepoint
Explorer
Explorer
therink wrote:
Is it a top hinge (piano hinge) type door?

It is.

Thanks, I'll take s close look.
Tow vehicle: 01 F350 7.3L CC Lariat 4X4 dually, 220 amp alt, lit by PIAA & KC, thrust by Dp tuner, braking courtesy of ART cryogenics and PF pads, on board air, lane clearing by Nathan Airchime train horns, car catcher by Road Armor. Trailer: RPM M-26FBS

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Is it a top hinge (piano hinge) type door? If so I had that happen once. Thought it was the rubber seal. Turned out to be the seam where the top of the horizontal hinge aligned with the horizontal for frame molding. I placed a tiny bead of caulk along the minute void between the hinge and the molding and never leaked again.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.