cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TT and Dometic refer/freezer is dead on AC?!

EstorilM
Explorer
Explorer
I JUST got this TT as a "used" 2016 a month ago with basically zero miles on it.

Our two trips totaling about 1400mi (incl. going to buy it) have been fine, but now that we're back at home after the last trip, apparently the fridge isn't happy now.

I've turned it off / on again and reset the power, and after about 5 minutes or so the "check" light turns on. It's been WARM the past two days, as in zero cooling at all.

At the camp sites and such it was fine, including the 10hr trips when I used propane, it was also fine. This seems to be something recent since we came back. All other AC devices are working fine.

I have a warranty on the TT but REALLY don't want to haul it over to the nearest $tealership and have them running around inside of it guessing.

Has anyone else encountered this? FWIW it's a Dometic DM2652LBx according to the build sheet.
2016 Springdale Summerland 2570RL Arctic
2006 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE | OE tow pkg & air suspension
19 REPLIES 19

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
There is fuse in the PC board in back of the fridge. Check that for the heck of it. (Open the vent cover on the side of the trailer and look at the back of the fridge and find the PC board.)
Kathy

EstorilM
Explorer
Explorer
I've checked most of this but not all (thanks for the quick replies!)

It's definitely plugged in to 120VAC right now (batt full) and everything else works fine, all the breakers are fine as well. I haven't actually pulled the cover and checked for power at the refer plug, but I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure propane is fine, but I haven't pressed the propane button as I just got this thing and don't entirely trust it yet (I know, it's stupid - but if it's plugged in I just leave the gas button off.. can't hurt)

I'll check propane just out of curiosity, but again I didn't press the button so that's probably a different issue. I need the thing to be working on AC anyways. ๐Ÿ˜ž

It is level on all axis.

It seems strange to me that it takes about 5 minutes for the "check" light to illuminate. I feel like that's probably NOT a good sign if it's trying to run on AC.

Edit: FWIW after about 15 seconds of turning the switch ON again, I can hear a click or two in the back of the refer unit. Not sure if this is significant or not, but it appears to have power.
2016 Springdale Summerland 2570RL Arctic
2006 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE | OE tow pkg & air suspension

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice set up in your picture :B

If plugged in at home....should be able to run on electric.
Place in 'AUTO'....no AC it will swap to GAS
'Check' Light coming on....means no main flame----propane???

Fridge..
Is trailer level where parked?

120V AC....
Verify you have AC power at outlet fridge cord plugs into

12V DC...
You have DC power or display panel would not be working

Propane...
Did you valve it out when you got home?
Cylinder go empty?
Do ALL stove top burners ON HIGH burn strong, same height?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Have you made sure there's still 120 to that outlet? Something could have tripped or a GFCI may be interupting power to that particular outlet.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure your battery is fully charged. The circuit board on the fridge will not operate if voltage is low.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0