cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie! PB waterline leak fix.

BooBooandJo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a newbie to the whole RV thing. WE have a 94 Cobra Cordoba with a leaking water line. The former owner did a temp fix that didn't hold. The line is gray PB with qest and brass fittings. I want to replace the section of line with PEX and pex fittings. I'm not really sure how to do this and don't know what supplies I need or where to find them. We also replaced the toilet with a composting toilet so I need to know how to cap off the waterline going to the toilet. I welcome any and all suggestions and comments. Thank you BooBooandJo.
5 REPLIES 5

BooBooandJo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much. We've been living in our motorhome for over a month with no running water so the missus and I definately appreciate the help .

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fittings for PEX are also good for Polybutelyne, copper and CPVC according to the directions on the packages of some new fittings I just bought.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Hd sells a shark bite adapter to go from apex to Pb. The guy at hd said it won't hold if you use a shark bite on Pb. An RV dealer in the same town said they use shark bite on Pb all the time. I used the adapter.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Home Depot/Lowes etc has all you need. +1 for SharkBite/Gatorbite and pex. For flexible connections use standard faucet connectors.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Home Depot sells PEX tubing and fittings. When I replaced our RV toilet, I used a push-on Sharkbite valve with the existing PEX tubing to add a shut off.

No idea if these fittings would work in connecting to your existing tubing.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚