cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No road side assistance! Tire Blow out on Interstate!

Campncouple
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted this on Road side Assistance but wanted to post here!
We had a major blow out on 1-65 on the Dollie that was towing our car. I immediately call g/sam emergency explaining the seriousness of this blow out...it even ripped off top of fender. I asked to be towed to a safe place until repair and new tire could be put on.
I was told that Good Sam DOES NOT TOW TRAILERS! they also could find no one to bring a tire change. We got no Assistance from Good Sam at all. Highway Patrol came to our assistance and helped us get the tire exchanged and put on!
Today I called and spoke to customer agent and he agreed trailers were not covered for towing. After demanding to speak to a supervisor he put me on hold. Finally coming back he began to apologize and said dispatcher dropped the ball because indeed our Dollie was covered!. It seems the dispatcher that took our call and this customer service agent does not know difference between a tow Dollie and a Trailer! I explained to the dispatcher 3 times it was a Dollie Tire! He kept repeating we do not tow Trailers! He never seemed to comprehend the seriousness of our break down! Or the vehicle we were using!

We should have received assistance! We paid for this service! If you cannot get Emergency Assistance when you desperately need it then why have it!
We are canceling policy immediately!
2 REPLIES 2

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
See other post HERE

Please do not post in more than one forum section.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

kaz442
Explorer
Explorer
I switched to coach net for that reason. I needed trailer coverage also and GS doesn't provide it.
1989 26' Jayco class C E350 460cu