cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Ice cream issues

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A buddy of mine has a one year old Norcold in his Arctic Fox TT. The fridge stays nice and cold at 34 degree's but the freezer section only gets down to +10 - so his ice cream is too soft ( I know, the horror right?).
Any idea what can be done to get the freezer section down without freezing the lettuce in the fridge section?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
8 REPLIES 8

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to post this earlier, but the system is/was(?) having issues. Lower left corner of the freezer is the coldest.

Also, there is a designed differential temperature between the frig and freezer. I don;y think you will get the freezer much below +10 degF and not have the frig start freezing.

My solution was to go to a real residential frig, and inverter, large battery bank and a solar charger. The Blue Bell stays frozen and the wobbly pop is cold.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Southwind98 wrote:
Not a mechanical answer to your friend's freezer problem but I found that the ice cream has to be kept in the back of the freezer compartment to keep it from being too soft. I also have Norcold refrigerator.
I'll have to remember that, Thanks
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Water-Bug wrote:
Our ice cream doesn't last long enough to have issues. Besides, DW likes it soft, so she can stuff it to the bottom of the cone, without breaking it.

Cone??? We don't need no cone!!!! Or a bowl for that matter!!!LOL
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Our ice cream doesn't last long enough to have issues. Besides, DW likes it soft, so she can stuff it to the bottom of the cone, without breaking it.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Not a mechanical answer to your friend's freezer problem but I found that the ice cream has to be kept in the back of the freezer compartment to keep it from being too soft. I also have Norcold refrigerator.
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the input folks.
Personally I like my ice cream soft but he said it's almost runny.
I'll tell him about the LAT switch and light idea.

Thanks,
Scott

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
I have the opposite issue. My lower section stays at a good temp, but the ice cream is rock hard. But a quick shot in the microwave takes care od that.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some RV fridges have a switch, often hidden, labeled LAT.. What this switch does (normally) is override the door switch so the light stays on.. The light gives off heat and thus heats the fridge (not the freezer since there is no light there) compartment... This makes the cooling unit do more cooling and, in theory, firms up ye old ice cream.

Page 2: My fridge does not have said switch..... So i figured out how to fake it by basically shorting out the door switch

NOTE: the obvious connections to short.... blow the fuse (They are the wrong ones) Said fuse (on my dometic) is outside under a black palstic cover and a witch to change.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times