cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone else not camping this weekend?

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years we've moved more towards staying home on the holiday weekend. Leave the spots for those who can't go any other time. So, sitting at the fire pit at the s&b, listening to the ballgame, got a beef roast smoking, and a couple of adult beverages. Life is good even when not camping! Anyone else home, and how are you spending the holiday weekend?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
41 REPLIES 41

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
stying home like others we are retired so let the campgrounds for the familys before the kids go back to school

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't go camping for the first time in 8 years on Labor Day. Because DS wanted to COMPLETELY clean out his room & redo it in an Oriental style. I knew we wouldn't get it finished but we made a big dent in it.

FYI: you know how you clean out the kids' rooms without them there because suddenly EVERY TOY they see being discarded/ packed up becomes their "favorite toy"? Well it works similarly for 17 1/2 year olds. :?
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, this weekend is over and we did what we've been doing for over two months already this summer ... camped in our RV out in the back yard while the interior of our home is being remodeled. ๐Ÿ˜ž and ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nothing for this weekend, but we're saving or energy for our 3 week New England trip in 2 weeks.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Two places I avoid on holidays, the LAKE and CAMPGROUNDS! Too much stupid in one place at the same time
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Decided years ago the traffic on holidays wasn't worth it, or relaxing to say the least. Heard about 2 RV rollovers (separate) on a local freeways Friday - backing traffic for hours. Wondered what caused them. Too fast, tail gating, cut off, road rage, blow out, etc. It just made me comfortable I wasn't out in that environment on the Holiday. We will be out in a week when school is back in session. We always plan 2 weeks before or after a Holiday.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
Never on a holiday but looking forward to next week when everyone has gone home

X2

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Not this weekend. Maybe in a couple weeks.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another one who's staying home this weekend. In this area of northern Colorado, the weekend warriors are out in force, and they made reservations at all the USFS campgrounds back in January! Private CG usually establish a 3 night minimum and jack up their price for this weekend. No, thanks!

Still have the rest of this month and a goodly part of October to get more camping in. Even going in to October, when higher elevation places are closed/closing, there's always some of the State Parks that remain open year round, or places in lower elevations that stay open longer. Can also be a good time to explore the Colorado Outback (eastern plains), just gotta keep an eye on the weather and those blizzards that can happen in October.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with you!!! Now that the kids are grown and have families of their own, we stay home on holidays!! The thing is the parks around us even on non holiday weekends are usually always full, but for some reason holidays are just really very rowdy!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Never on a holiday but looking forward to next week when everyone has gone home

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Home this weekend but will be camping for just over a week starting Wed.

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it is home for me. Wife has a reunion with the girls from high school this weekend, so the kids and I have the house until tonight. 5 acres of timber in back and our own campsite makes it easier to avoid the traffic and the animal housers on holidays.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

ronfisherman
We are home for all summer holidays. Friends from NM with a TC are parked in backyard until Tuesday.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD