cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Utah

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Monday for the 4 day drive to pick up our new MH in Draper , UT.

Have never been in Nothern Utah. Will be spending the first few nights at Utah Lake SP.
Where to from there? Suggestions please. Like nature, forest, lakes, deserts all of the great outdoors. Hiking, wildlife viewing. No shopping or restaurants.
Have done all the national parks down south. Will return to them on a later trip.

34 ft MH pulling med. size 4x4 truck.

Can't wait for our new adventure!!!!!!
Thanks .

Sherry
13 REPLIES 13

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun and be safe Sherry!

Tell us how it went and what you saw when you got back.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you folks .
Let the fun begin !!!!
The back of the truck is loaded with our essential gear( although DH thinks some of it is not so essential). Covered with a tarp and tied down. Hope with make it there without anyone stealing our stuff.

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
I hear good things about the airplane museum at Hill Air force Base in Ogden. I need to get up there with my kids.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
A few of the things I like to see/do when in that area.

Smith and Edwards.

John Browning gun museum.

Great Salt lake.

Temple Square.

Cabelas of Lehi.

Timpanogos caves.

One Man Band in Lehi Ut.

As said; there is Sooooooooooo much to see and do in Utah. It's one of my favorite states if not my favorite state!!! I love the speed limits there also!!! :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

aussie1
Explorer
Explorer
Also Flaming Gorge is stunning. Just don't get caught there in June if it snows like it did for us!!
Cheers
Paula

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
Go up to Brigham City, turn east off freeway and follow signs to Logan. Lots of nice camping in Logan Canyon, and then you can go on up the canyon to Bear Lake, which is really pretty. Stop at the Crumb Brothers in Logan for lunch and to stock up on artisan breads (not far from the fairgrounds and you can park along the street in front of the cafe).

After Bear Lake, go on north to the Tetons, not all that far.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
From SLC you're a hop and skip away from the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Lots of pretty stuff in Idaho if you go North instead of Northeast.

If you don't want to go that far, the mountains just East of SLC provide options. I'm also partial to investigating the area around Bear Lake, but haven't been there in an RV yet.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Stormpeakco
Explorer
Explorer
Arches, Canyonlands, Moab, Dinosaur NP, Stbt Spgs, RMNP, Leadville, Chama, Taos...too many places and too little time.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
one thing that I wanted to see was the spiral jetty in Salt Lake. my friend who lived there had never heard of it and I was not positive about it, this was before just poking it into google earth and seeing it. just sort of a curiosity.
bumpy

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
Heber Valley area

Salt Lake City Area

It looks like you are arriving after Memorial Day, which is good as many of the less traveled mountain passes are opened on Memorial Day.

There are quite a few hikes in the area. Stewart Falls near Sundance ski resort is a nice reasonable hike. There are other hikes up the canyons in Salt Lake county. American Fork canyon is beautiful (Cascade Springs). You are really close to the mountains so anything is reasonably accessible and you're close to the desert if you want to go west. You are only 1 hr from Park City. Sundance has a new zip line that is one of the longest in the country. Park City has a zip line, plus alpine slide, plus the olympic park. If you like to golf there are good places around (Hobble Creek, Wasatch Mountain State Park course). Provo river is supposed to be good fishing. We have reservoirs near by as well.

There's good rock hounding around.

Tons to do.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Way too much to see in Utah. I just bought my MH in Draper. Look on Yelp or Trip Advisor for stuff to see and pick the kind of stuff you like and go.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I would go to Temple Square. We were there recently and wish we would have been able to catch the Choir singing. They rehearse Thursday night and perform on Sunday.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just East of Varnal in
CO is dinosur natl. mon. at the bottom (south) shore of salt lake is saltaire, has an interesting history. golden spike on North side of SL. remember if you want a beer/drink in UT you have to ask the waitress/waiter for it, they can not offer you one.
bumpy