cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Obbessive Compulsive Dumpers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.
Jayco-noslide
116 REPLIES 116

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I put a clean out close to where I park my 5er at home when we got our new sewer line put in a couple years ago. I've now decided that if there's more than one person in the dump line and it's my last dump before heading home, I'll pack my **** home and dump. That the nice thing about full hookups. I can spend all morning dumping before I leave. ๐Ÿ™‚
A couple years ago I was in line behind a guy that was fumbling all over the place. I was telling my wife about how stupid the guy was for doing what he was doing. In the meantime a guy comes wandering up to the window and says sorry about the wait that that was a friend of his and this was his 1st time dumping.
So now I reserve comment and just let it fly.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
I never considered tank dumping to be a timed event.
It is when there are people waiting behind you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:
A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.

what's to understand. cleaner to use a garden hose rather than a stinky slinky. I never considered tank dumping to be a timed event. I get a FHU site every 3rd night and dump at my leisure, and into the septic, not onto my shoes.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
She got upset with you, 2oldman?...Probably been filling at the non-potable for years!
Yep. You don't tell HER what to do, even if she's doing something dangerous and rude. She looked like a well-seasoned Quartzsiter, which is why I thought it so odd.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I dump black, dump gray and then disconnect and load hose back into the carrier. use baby wipe on hands and I am good to go.

My mom was with me back in March and realized for the first time I didn't wash out the sewer hose. She said my dad always did. I explained that my gray water is pretty clean, so I figured it washed it out enough. By the way, I wash dishes in dish pan and that water goes into toilet and black tank.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
She got upset with you, 2oldman? Should have been upset with herself. Doesn't sound like a rookie. Probably been filling at the non-potable for years!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
I'm usually in such a hurry, I do not even get the hose out. Just pull the handle and leave. :h

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one.
Well, he certainly doesn't need one at a dump station. Lots of RVers really don't understand what they're doing.

My latest encounter with that was at the South La Posa dump station in Quartzsite. Lady in an old beat up C was taking a long time with the not-potable-water hose. As I approached I could see she was filling her fresh water with it. She got pretty upset with me when I told her the fresh water was at the next station. No clue.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
My only "Never" is to have both valves open at the same time. I do not want any comingling of the two tanks in case I ever have to dump my grey water on the ground. Time permitting and water running into both tanks, I go black, grey, black, grey and then get out of your way.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yeah, I've seen some procedures that would fly in a computer clean room. You think some people use the black tank for spare drinking water.

Hook up, drain, rinse the hose with the dump station hose, put the hose away and then wash your hands.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup. These are the people who are obsessed with polishing and sanitizing the poop tanks in the camper... all so that they can go back out next month and poop in it again.

If there are people behind me in line, I dump the black and *might* quickly flush the black tank while I am waiting for the gray tank to flush. In my opinion, 5-7 minutes is a reasonable amount of time at the dump station of people are waiting.

That provides enough time to hook up black tank and start the drain process. While black tank is draining, I will hook up the black tank flush (if the dump station has appropriate fittings). Once black tank has ceased draining I close black tank, open gray and start the black tank flush. After about 2 minutes, I open the black tank and allow black and gray to drain. Then I close both drains and allow the black tank flush to fill the black tank a little while I unhook the drain hose.

Then I put away the drain hose, unhook the black flush line, throw away my gloves and move on out. 5-7 minutes total, drained tanks, quick flush of black tank, sufficient water in bottom of black tank and I'm done.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Other than checking my connections I know it all runs down hill. I don't wear gloves but do have a bottle of hand sanitizer to take care of any bugs.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu