cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ocean canyon properties

Jack9443
Explorer
Explorer
With all the bad reviews why are they set up in all the camping world/ good sam's stores just wondering
7 REPLIES 7

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Coast_Admin wrote:
Hello,

Camping World allows a Coast to Coast developer to have a license to sell memberships and offer Camping World customers and Camping World RV Dealership Customers an opportunity to visit the resorts in the licensed area of the store.

Ocean Canyon Properties is a partner of Coast to Coast and we monitor complaints and comments that come in concerning their resorts. We value them and they are an excellent part of the Coast family.

Ocean Canyon Properties: BBB Accreditation A
BBB Accredited Business since 03/20/2013BBB has determined that Ocean Canyon Properties, Inc. meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Ocean Canyon Properties is requesting that consumers call the Member Service Department to resolve any problems or concerns involving their resort membership or services. Contact Karen Hewitt, Member Service Manager at 888-567-5941. Email contact is memberservice@oceancanyon.com. All Locations are BBB Accredited

-The Coast to Coast Team

And there you have the.....simple????....biased???....answer!..:W

Coast_Admin
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Camping World allows a Coast to Coast developer to have a license to sell memberships and offer Camping World customers and Camping World RV Dealership Customers an opportunity to visit the resorts in the licensed area of the store.

Ocean Canyon Properties is a partner of Coast to Coast and we monitor complaints and comments that come in concerning their resorts. We value them and they are an excellent part of the Coast family.

Ocean Canyon Properties: BBB Accreditation A
BBB Accredited Business since 03/20/2013BBB has determined that Ocean Canyon Properties, Inc. meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Ocean Canyon Properties is requesting that consumers call the Member Service Department to resolve any problems or concerns involving their resort membership or services. Contact Karen Hewitt, Member Service Manager at 888-567-5941. Email contact is memberservice@oceancanyon.com. All Locations are BBB Accredited

-The Coast to Coast Team

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
The simple answer? Because there is profit doing business that way.

If there was not, they would be gone.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suspect CW is doing no more than renting space to them for their sales booth. Here in Oregon K/M Resorts has a booth at the CW near us and, I am sure that at different parts of the country other membership parks are doing the same thing. We don't have any Ocean Canyons resorts near us but, while traveling across the US we have used them and found them to be rather nice.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Jack9443 wrote:
With all the bad reviews why are they set up in all the camping world/ good sam's stores just wondering

There are enough happy, satisfied folks to keep the company in business. There are a lot of timeshare condos still doing well. Something I could never understand.

Membership resort type camping appeals to a certain segment of the RV community.

Yes, there are a lot of bad reviews. It does not appeal to a lot of folks. And a lot of folks don't like high pressure sales presentations.

But a lot of folks make the visit, listen to the presentation and walk away happy for the chance to find out they would not like the concept.

Unhappy folks always post about three times as many reviews as happy folks. On anything.

I see bad reviews for Microsoft Streets & Trips on Amazon that are factually incorrect and are obvious RTFM clueless. I'm sure some of the Ocean Canyon Properties reviews have similar errors.

What the reviews really boil down to is a person has to get all the facts up front before making a purchase decision. And get any promises in writing in the contract. Otherwise walk away.

I'm sure other type RV groups could setup at CW. Our Good Sam chapter did one weekend.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who? What? where?

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
May be someone from Camping World will answer. I would think that it just a business arrangement between the two. OCP just renting a space from CW. CW get a little revenue, we get the phone calls and offers of a free stay. Everyone wins. :B
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog