cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Other than Amazon and Beet Harvest, what's out there?

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I'm aware of Camperforce at Amazon and the Sugar Beet Harvest in the north as excellent Workamping opportunities. They also ask for your time at about the same time of the year. What other, similar, opportunities exist?
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
22 REPLIES 22

halfwright
Explorer
Explorer
Oil field gate guards in Texas is a high paying job ($100+ for a 24 hour day). I always thought my wife and I were at least average on the "tough" scale, but we wimped out after 10 days of heat, dust, lack of sleep and noise. Only job in my life I have quit because I could not stand the working conditions. All that being said, there are many work campers doing it. I do wish we could have lasted long enough to pay for an Alaska cruise.
Jim and Darlene Wright
Ryder, the Ethiopian monkey beaver dog
2007 Montana Mountaineer
2002 Ford F250

wcbass
Explorer
Explorer
comment removed
2011 Cameo 35SB3 Fifth wheel
2015 Ford F350 4x4

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of state fairs have Parimutuel racing. At one point I worked at 3 different tracks, each for a week or so. I knew a lovely lady that worked her way across country every year working all the big races: Derby, Preakness, Belmont, Saratoga, etc.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Twomed wrote:
Coolworks

Seasonal positions... ๐Ÿ™‚

A great site.

Wingnusa
Explorer
Explorer
If you have some experience working on shooting ranges, there's lots of opportunities for volunteer work there... Mostly just volunteer.
Scott and Brenda Schnelle
Sierra, Twila and Keira Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

FT Class of '06
Lifetime Good Sams
Lifetime NRA
Firearms Instructor
Photographer, Shootin' Scotty Photography

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Coolworks

Seasonal positions... ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
The hotels, restaurants and camps in Alaska all need tons of people for the season. There is a huge temp/migrant workforce that goes there each year.

Summertime in the northern states is also a time when the Utility Locating Services start hiring. This is easy to learn and you can make $18 to $25 per hour with overtime depending on experience.

Also little known is the Rail Road crew transportation industry which is usually in a constant state of hiring. Summer is the busiest time. In any large Rail Road town like Cheyenne Wy or Minot ND or Fargo ND there are companies that hire drivers to pick up and deliver RR crews to their trains. Pay here can vary wildly depending on location and can be very good or not so good.

The above with the exception of Alaska Jobs wont include any campsite.

I am not familiar with the beet harvest can someone enlighten me on that?

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer directly but I like this website.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT