cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Peeling Stickers

matthewc66
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Keystone Fuzion from 2007 which the stickers started peeling off of in 2008. They sent me new stickers but I never had them put on as it was a multi thousand dollar job to clean the old ones and put the new ones on.

The thought process was the new ones would just peel off also so whats the point.

I want to clean up the 5th wheel a little and maybe sand down some of the stickers so it doesn't look so trashy.

Not sure what to use to remove the stickers? Don't want to scratch the paint or make things worse.

I am obviously not very handy. I have some vacation this week and was going to tackle the job but wanted some advice first.

Thanks in advance, Matt
5 REPLIES 5

matthewc66
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome advice..

Thanks, I will start tomorrow..

DaButcher
Explorer
Explorer
A $50 wallpaper steamer from somewhere like Lowes is what my sign guy recommends. Heat gun will work, but it's easy to overheat paint and fingers. Citrus cleaner is good for glue leftovers.
2021 Freelander 31MB Class C

NRA Life Member

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
My RV tech told me to use low heat and a PLASTIC paint scraper. I used WD40 to remove residual gunk. Turned out really good.

Now I just have to make some new ones with my digital vinyl cutter! Oh, that should be TRY to make some new ones...
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer was new when we bought it last year. When we took it out of storage this year and went to wash it we noticed the graphics were starting to come off on three sides. It is covered by warranty, new stickers and installation. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Make sure the area is prepped properly or they will come off again.

Dogbone
Explorer
Explorer
A heat gun will help on low setting and then if there is any glue or residue Goo Be Gone works on it.
2007 5th Wheel Crossroads Cruiser 30SK
2003 Ford F250