cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petty clock problem

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We have digital clock in the bedroom of our rv that has battery back up. Last summer we took a trip to Alaska and back so we moved every couple of days. Even with new 9volt installed the clock would not hold the time. So every day we had to reset the time. Even the one in our home does not hold the time. I am sure there must be dependable brand to buy. One of ours is a magnavox and even it does not remember. There were times when we had to dry camp thus we never knew during the night what time it was.
20 REPLIES 20

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Get one that is just on batteries. A single AA battery lasts a long time in a clock.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
jnharley wrote:
Our normal clock is a digital electric one with a battery back up. It runs fast and resetting it does not help. For our Alaska trip last year, we purchased a battery operated digital clock for dry camping, it worked just fine and the batteries are still going strong over a year later.

Do you remember which clock you purchased??

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I haven't much cared what time it was for the last few years. I haven't worn a watch in about 25 years but I do have a dumb phone that always knows the time.

Yes to the dumb phone! It always knows what time it is :D. Haven't packed a separate clock or worn a wristwatch in donkey years although the man still wears his wristwatch. I like to think it's because I bought it for him but suspect it's just because he's a creature of habit.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Our normal clock is a digital electric one with a battery back up. It runs fast and resetting it does not help. For our Alaska trip last year, we purchased a battery operated digital clock for dry camping, it worked just fine and the batteries are still going strong over a year later.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't much cared what time it was for the last few years. I haven't worn a watch in about 25 years but I do have a dumb phone that always knows the time.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I like the LaCrosse clocks with indoor/outdoor temps. I have 2 of them. One runs strictly on battery power and last about a yr. The other has a wall-wart with battery backup. They both pickup time signal via radio waves and are very accurate.

I like the wall-wart model the best. It has humidity levels and a indicator as to barometer rising/falling. It has brightness adjustment for easy viewing or dimmed at night. The battery model is a LCD. They have various model and usually can be bought for under $30. I think mine were under $20.

Added thought, the remote temp can be used to monitor fridge or a compartment temp.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman