cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quality...

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
I know many of you others have already had this epiphany on the poor quality of the motorhomes, trailers and campers being produced today. But I continue to be astounded at just how bad the workmanship is!

I jumped in a couple of Palomino campers today, just out of curiosity, and saw things that just made me cringe.

I get it - it's about quantity over quality, maximizing margins.

But, jeebus - where's their pride?
Their self-respect?

It reminded me of the GMs, Fords and Chryslers coming off the line in the mid 70's. Garbage. Pure, unadulterated junk.

I'm not sure why there are no imports giving our manufacturers a run for the money, but I think our manufacturers should thank their lucky stars that there's no Toyota or Honda equivalent out there.

Frankly, I'd be personally embarrassed to tell someone I worked at these places.
64 REPLIES 64

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
How many posts on this Forum have to do with whether the price is a `good deal' or not as compared with those asking whether the quality of a rig is high or low?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
One man's trash is another man's treasure. As long as there is someone who will but it, they will sell it. I see LOTS of stuff for sale that I won't buy. I don't complain about any of it. There's too much of it out there.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
As long as we keep buying junk, they'll keep producing junk.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Some are better than others. Back in the early '90s when we bought our first pop-up, Palomino did not make the short list for exactly that reason.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:
I know many of you others have already had this epiphany on the poor quality of the motorhomes, trailers and campers being produced today. But I continue to be astounded at just how bad the workmanship is!

I jumped in a couple of Palomino campers today, just out of curiosity, and saw things that just made me cringe.

I get it - it's about quantity over quality, maximizing margins.

But, jeebus - where's their pride?
Their self-respect?

It reminded me of the GMs, Fords and Chryslers coming off the line in the mid 70's. Garbage. Pure, unadulterated junk.

I'm not sure why there are no imports giving our manufacturers a run for the money, but I think our manufacturers should thank their lucky stars that there's no Toyota or Honda equivalent out there.

Frankly, I'd be personally embarrassed to tell someone I worked at these places.
Do you have pictures and specific examples you're writing about to show here?