Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Questions about Good Sam Financing

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

We're in the middle of selling our older motorhome, privately and in turn purchasing a new motohome from another private seller.

I'm a smidge confused about the Good Sam finance process since I don't think I've ever bought a car from a private party.

I'll call them to ask these questions too, but I was hoping that perhaps someone here might have some answers.

So again - we're purchasing a used motorhome from a private party locally.

We're approved - so that's the good news but they're asking for these items as part of the closing process:

an inspection
insurance
bill of sale

So I'm reading that I need to have the vehicle inspected *before* I buy it. But there's no instruction on who or how or how to get the results back to them. Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
YOU ALL DID READ THAT IT IS A PRIVATE SELLER!

No need to shout, but you are correct that the private seller is key to the finance company's request. The finance company simply wants to verify that all the paper work/title/VIN is correct.

The finance company doesn't care one bit what the mechanical condition is like.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
YOU ALL DID READ THAT IT IS A PRIVATE SELLER!
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't you call the finance manager and ask exactly what they want done during the inspection. It may just be a Vin check to the title, or a full blown inspection of the motor / transmission / RV applicances, tires, axles, who knows what else.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
The inspection is probably to verify the info on the title and the info on the RV is identical. Most any car dealer will do it for a few $$$. It is normally done when a vehicle moves from one state to another. The dealer should know what is needed and have the correct form.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call a mobile RV Repair guy have him inspect it and give you a report. Send report to good sam
Traveling with my best friend my wife!