cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Flawless,excellent, clean" RANT

Usmcsousa
Explorer
Explorer
So quickly, I'll explain that I'm currently looking to trade in our Class A for a diesel TV, and either TT or 5er.
That being said I've spent a good amount of time looking at used diesel vehicles and used campers.. I will say that a good majority of the time , the used vehicles are described fairly accurately online. For the most part.
BUT, these TTs n 5ers are a whole different story.
Why do people feel the need to describe their rig as being the flawless, well kept masterpiece of craftsmanship. I can't tell you how many trailers I've wasted my time going to see first hand that were grossly over glorified.
Example: non-smoker, no pets, immaculate" = reaks of stale smoke odor and cat pee. Some still may have a litter box inside.
Example: excellent condition, never any leaks= half the sidewall on the rig is bubbled and delaminating.
Example: used only 3 times, = maybe used 3 times for about 4 years each time? I'm sorry but without a complete renovation you can't erase wear an tear.
Example: we'll kept, clean = who knows what stains all over floors an upholstery! years worth of mouse turd behind drawers and furniture.

Maybe my definition of these words are just wrong? Maybe some Marine Corps white glove inspection has welded itself into my DNA and can no longer recognize what normal is?

Or maybe people are asking too much money for the quality of product they have to offer and subconsciously feel the need to lie to justify their price?
Granted if some of these rigs were properly and honestly described and the asking price represented it's current condition, I might even buy it. But the lies about very obvious issues only leads me to believe there are other known issues, more severe issues.

Btw, these have been from craigslist private party sales, Sunday paper classifieds, and local rv dealers websites..

Please for the love of all that's good folks, advertise your equipment honestly, time is money and I've been wasting a lot of money looking at these types of RVs.
Home is where the Marine Corps sends me.
35 REPLIES 35

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Hey why not. In todays world if you say it and the next guy believes it, so what, they get the money and you get the trash. I know what you are saying. While looking for used cars for my kid people would tell me oh its in very good shape, its clean. I would get there and it had carpet with french fries smashed in it, fabric that looked slick it was so filthy, worn out tires, oil leaks. I would be so p that I had to stop myself and just say thanks and leave.
Its all part of the game. It will come along for you when it comes along. Keep yer powder dry and be ready to pounce.

Whats really crazy is when you go to sell something and they call you up and want to know if you will take less and they haven't even looked at it. One made me a real low offer so I said ok so you will pay me that much, he said yes, I said ok so when you get here and look at it you will guarantee that you are taking it for that price, he oh no I want to look at it first, I said well maybe you should just look at it first. Freaking brain dead sob's are taking over the country. My sympathy's in your search brother.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
@Usmcsousa

Half the battle in trying to sell an RV is getting people to come look at it. Who's going to look at a rig where all the negatives are pointed out in the ad? It is a huge PITA, but unfortunately it's all part of the "game of sales".

I would not even consider trekking to see any rig that didn't have an ad with LOTS of good, high quality photos.

BTW! Hi from just over in New Bedford!
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Mvander wrote:
I'll never understand why people selling things don't want it in the best possible shape when showing. This goes for houses, cars, trucks, trailers, boats ect. Dealers included.

x2. I guess some people don't have any pride in their homes and vehicles.

If a vehicle being sold is filthy, I ask myself what else didn't they take care of or what maintenance did they ignore.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Hey why not. In todays world if you say it and the next guy believes it, so what, they get the money and you get the trash. I know what you are saying. While looking for used cars for my kid people would tell me oh its in very good shape, its clean. I would get there and it had carpet with french fries smashed in it, fabric that looked slick it was so filthy, worn out tires, oil leaks. I would be so p that I had to stop myself and just say thanks and leave.
Its all part of the game. It will come along for you when it comes along. Keep yer powder dry and be ready to pounce.

Mvander
Explorer
Explorer
I'll never understand why people selling things don't want it in the best possible shape when showing. This goes for houses, cars, trucks, trailers, boats ect. Dealers included.
55 FEET OF FAMILY FUN!
2014 F150 HD
2015 Grey Wolf 29DSFB

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I think many of those sellers hope that you get so frustrated that you'll settle for what they have and make an offer instead of looking for and driving to the next catastrophe.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch