cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Retired NY fireman saves the day!

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short, DW misplaced her $600 reading glasses while switching over to sun glasses. Looked everywhere for five or six hours, finally gave up. We were scheduled to depart the next morning, so after hook up we looked everywhere again with no luck. The four hour ride home was not all it could have been.

We arrived home to find a message on the phone from fellow campers we had met. He was a retired NY city fireman camping with his DW. They had found the glasses, located our home address, and put the glasses in overnight mail delivery. These were wonderful people who went above and beyond to help a fellow camper. NY sure has some fine folks, especially the firemen and firewoman. Thank you.

Lakeside
20 REPLIES 20

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Guess he must have been a Detective:B

My reading glasses are actually bifold, since I need them for a bit more than just reading....and they were not cheap! I went the DG way for about 10 years, and then finally got "real" glasses....what a difference:)

Yes, Firefighters are a great bunch of people! I have a couple that I've been friends with for years, and they would do anything for anyone.
In NYC, the Police are the "Finest", and the Firemen are the "Bravest", but as far as I'm concerned, they both are the "Greatest". My Grandfather was of of NY's Finest.:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
$600.00 reading glasses???? You need to check out the Dollar Stores.

They are OK for many but some need prism induced, etc and have to pay more than $6. I did catch the DG half price sale a few weeks ago and got a pair for every vehicle I drive, shop and office desk.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
$600.00 reading glasses???? You need to check out the Dollar Stores.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Not all in NY are bad ya know... just some ... lol

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Great story on several levels.

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
That's wonderful news!! I'm blind as a bat w/o my glasses, so can fully appreciate your wife's dismay. There are still good people left in this world.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder